Flying from Tahiti to Sydney ?

Piaa

Hello everyone - might anyone have any suggestions as how to fly from Tahiti to Sydney Australia?  Trying to figure out how to coordinate cruises on Windstar then catching a Celebrity in Australia and I am coming up short.  This would be in 2024 and I know way too early to book flights, but looking at what is available in January 2023 it seems I can fly back to the States and then to Australia (not happening) or have about a 12 hour layover in New Zealand.

Any help is appreciated 

We have a 7-day Windstar Tahiti cruise booked for April 2023 and post cruise will be staying 5 days in Moorea.  We then are flying to Sydney for our April 22, 2023 transpacific aboard Celebrity Eclipse.  We have an extremely early (3:10am) flight on Air New Zealand on 4/19 with a 2 hr 10 min layover in Auckland before arriving in Sydney at 10:40am on 4/20 due to crossing the International Dateline.  Total duration of Papeete to Sydney trip is 11 hrs & 30 minutes; long, but doable.  Though flight was not inexpensive!  

Hope this provides the inspiration that it can be less painful than what your original search showed.  

On 11/24/2022 at 7:54 PM, kjc852 said:

We have a 7-day Windstar Tahiti cruise booked for April 2023 and post cruise will be staying 5 days in Moorea.  We then are flying to Sydney for our April 22, 2023 transpacific aboard Celebrity Eclipse.  We have an extremely early (3:10am) flight on Air New Zealand on 4/19 with a 2 hr 10 min layover in Auckland before arriving in Sydney at 10:40am on 4/20 due to crossing the International Dateline.  Total duration of Papeete to Sydney trip is 11 hrs & 30 minutes; long, but doable.  Though flight was not inexpensive!  

Hope this provides the inspiration that it can be less painful than what your original search showed.  

Thank you so much for this info.  I think we have decided to sail Windstar in January Tahiti to Tahiti only and then in October cruise with Celebrity Sydney, New Zealand, Tasmania, Sydney