Forward Facing Saterooms

cabogal

1 hour ago, cabogal said:

We're thinking of reserving 3 forward facing ocean view staterooms on deck 10. This will be on a Getaway Mediterranean cruise. Any negatives about staying in these rooms?

TIA

If seas are calm, no negatives except the long walk to a lot of the venues.

If seas are choppy, lots of motion.

2 hours ago, cabogal said:

We're thinking of reserving 3 forward facing ocean view staterooms on deck 10. This will be on a Getaway Mediterranean cruise. Any negatives about staying in these rooms?

TIA

These are my favorite rooms on the ship, even more than a balcony. They are larger than a normal ocean view room with a lot of storage. You can sit and look out where you are going and not have to worry about the wind or the sun beating down on you, which can happen on a balcony if you are on the 'wrong' side. I have never had an issue with motion but on the Encore, in the Caribbean, I did have the waves hitting the bow until we got to our first port (so basically one night). I didn't believe that was really what that noise was but asked the Captain and told me it was true and it would subside the next day.  He was correct and I never heard it again.

I have put in a bid on my next cruise from an inside to an ocean view and the forward facing ones are all that are left so fingers crossed I get an upgrade!

You will hear the anchor noise pretty loud.  Might want to check if you have early arrival tender ports and be prepared to get woken up before arrival.  Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it, I frequently end up all the way forward. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cabogal said:

TIA

We LOVE forward facing... by far our favorite, but not all ships have accommodations like that, or in some cases, not the type we'd want.

But please notice our avitar. 😁  Those are our feet.

That was taken while we were resting in bed, heads propped up.  The window is a bit further away than it might seem; that's where one walks to "get to the other side".  The head of the bed is against the wall.

What an amazing view!  That entire wall was "window".

We were mesmerized, even when it was "just water".  And approaching ports... we especially love that.

This was from a high deck, right above the Bridge.

GC

• Thanks 1