Price of Princess London Hotel

DaisyRose

I would highly recommend NOT flying in the day of your cruise. Too many things could be delayed, flights, connections, baggage, transportation strikes in the UK, etc. That could definitely add unnecessary stress. It's really easy to book your own hotel on their website (and can cancel up to a day or two prior) and the Princess transfer to Southampton is easy to book on your Personalizer and then just take a cab to the meeting place (and they handle your bags for you). Can wake up in London and head to your cruise. But do whatever works for you. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 11/28/2022 at 6:26 AM, Coral said:

I am looking into booking this for next August.  I am solo also and was quoted 459.00 per night. 
‘Do you happen to remember if you saw a HOHO near by? I really want to be an all day bus tour of some sort and wondering if that will be easy to do at the hotel?

So I actually did stay at the Radissoon Blu Edwardian Grafton through Princess. As a single - I paid $600 for two nights and breakfast was included. And so were transfers (private from airport and bus to the ship). So I actually thought it was an OK deal. Also - there was a threatened transportation strike which was called off at the last moment but things still were not running as normal. Prices for private transfers were doubled and tripled compared to the norm due to this.

I have mixed reviews about the room. The room was pretty plain but had a great desk with lots of outlets and a US electrical outlet. The bathroom on the other hand was all marble.

The hotel had great service, was in a great location and the breakfast was actually pretty good. I did walk all over from there but when it was pouring rain, I appreciated the Underground station right across the street. After the slight disappointment in the room, I ended up liking the hotel and location quite a bit and would stay here again.

Then prices seem pretty elevated for next year.

@kootz It seems to be cheaper if you do multiple nights (at least in the past). Yes - there was a Hop On Hop Off right outside the door. I had met a nice couple at breakfast who was also on the cruise and they were going to do it that day and invited me to join them. It looked like it was going to rain all day (but only rained part of the day) so I passed and just did the walking thing. It did pour when I got down to be near Big Ben on my way back. The couple had a great time on their Hop On Hop Off. I remember I could even book it through the hotel. Reception desk was very nice and helpful.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1