Oct/2023 Cruise Canceled - Cancellation Bill Says I Owe Money

gerelmx

Yesterday morning I canceled the Summit to New England and Canada, October 2, 2023 sailing, with a total cost of $6,326.24, at night I received the cancellation invoice by email and it says that I owe $5,097.10, in lieu of a creditable balance of the refundable deposit 🤬

I'm worried about these kinds of errors

So I'm guessing your deposit wasn't $500?  The math doesn't make sense.  If your balance due was a difference of $500 then I was going to say that human error must have reversed the figures.  I agree, this kind of thing is frustrating.  I assume you are going to give them a call?  Please report back!

In the morning I spoke to Celebrity. The operator told me that their system showed the correct amounts to refund the deposit and excursions. That she needed to contact resolutions to find out why the cancellation invoice showed those amounts, I was on the line for more than an hour and there was no response from resolutions, the operator mentioned that she would contact me as soon as she received a response. Few minutes ago I received an email that the error was due to the fact that the cruise was B2B and that the invoice for the second cruise (the one with the error) had not deducted the amounts from the first cruise. Strange because the bill for the 1st cruise is correct. I also received another email mentioning the refunds for both cruises with all the correct amounts and that I would receive my money on the Credit Card maximum in 30 business days.
I would have already run all those in the IT department, there are already too many errors.