questions on upgrade bids

annenic

Do you need to receive an email re bids before you can bid?  Is there any other way to be able to bid?  And lastly when does bidding begin for each cruise - 2 months out, 3 months out, a year out?????

Thanks in advance for any information

29 minutes ago, annenic said:

Do you need to receive an email re bids before you can bid?  Is there any other way to be able to bid?  And lastly when does bidding begin for each cruise - 2 months out, 3 months out, a year out?????

Thanks in advance for any information

I receive my invitation by e.mail exactly 3 months before

Thanks.  Is there a particular reason you get  selected by email?  I would love to try for an upgrade (not that I am unhappy with my original selection of cabin), but it would be fun to be able to bid.  

Is there any other way of being able to bid, if like me, you are not invited to bid? 

2 minutes ago, annenic said:

Thanks.  Is there a particular reason you get  selected by email?  I would love to try for an upgrade (not that I am unhappy with my original selection of cabin), but it would be fun to be able to bid.  

Is there any other way of being able to bid, if like me, you are not invited to bid? 

I found this on the UK web page. It allows you to check if you are eligible to bid.

https://www.azamara.co.uk/azamara-upgrade-program

15 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I found this on the UK web page. It allows you to check if you are eligible to bid.

https://www.azamara.co.uk/azamara-upgrade-program

Thanks Grandma!  I'm not sure if I am an Azamara Circle member but I am definitely a loyalty member so I will follow this through.  I appreciate your help.

9 hours ago, annenic said:

Thanks Grandma!  I'm not sure if I am an Azamara Circle member but I am definitely a loyalty member so I will follow this through.  I appreciate your help.

Azamara Circle is Azamara’s loyalty club so if you have ever been on Azamara you are a member of Azamara Circle (used to be called ‘Le Club Voyage’

Ahhhhh yes. I remember it being called Le Club Voyage - hadn’t realised the name had changed. 

After phoning Azamara it seems it is a totally random choice who gets the emails with invitation for upgrade bids. 

Not completely convinced its random …. but it is what is is. Sadly I won’t have the opportunity to bid this cruise anyway. 

Thanks again. 

12 hours ago, annenic said:

Ahhhhh yes. I remember it being called Le Club Voyage - hadn’t realised the name had changed. 

After phoning Azamara it seems it is a totally random choice who gets the emails with invitation for upgrade bids. 

Not completely convinced its random …. but it is what is is. Sadly I won’t have the opportunity to bid this cruise anyway. 

Thanks again. 

Found the page to check if you can apply for an upgrade on the Azamara Australian website https://www.azamara.com/en-au/azamara-upgrade-

program 
You don’t need to get an email to apply.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

56 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Found the page to check if you can apply for an upgrade on the Azamara Australian website https://www.azamara.com/en-au/azamara-upgrade-

program 
You don’t need to get an email to apply.

wow!  Thank you for doing that. I had tried to research before I posted my question but I just seemed to be going round in circles and getting nowhere (just confused!). 

Thank you!

Actually I have previously been to that page and when I enter my name and booking reference the little spinner just keeps spinning.  Goes nowhere.  Thanks anyway.  I so appreciate you trying to help me.  That was lovely of you.  Thank you. 

2 hours ago, annenic said:

Actually I have previously been to that page and when I enter my name and booking reference the little spinner just keeps spinning.  Goes nowhere.  Thanks anyway.  I so appreciate you trying to help me.  That was lovely of you.  Thank you. 

Try a different browser and make sure that the security settings are low or off.  I have trouble downloading the Azamara shore excursions pdf on Safari, but it works in a flash on Chrome.  [Safari is my main browser, so I keep the security settings high; I figure Google is watching everything I do on Chrome anyway so I let that one do what it wants...]

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, annenic said:

Thanks Jazzbeau.  Tried it.  Still just spins and goes nowhere.   Not to worry - I'm really very happy with our cabin but just wanted to give bidding a go.

May be worth leaving it a while then trying it again.

May also be worth clearing your browser history first.

1 hour ago, annenic said:

Thanks - I'll try that.

I guess I am wondering if the cruise may be full with all the higher classes of cabins already taken????   Is that a possibility?

I would think they would still take upgrade bids, because people do cancel.

7 hours ago, annenic said:

Thanks - I'll try that.

I guess I am wondering if the cruise may be full with all the higher classes of cabins already taken????   Is that a possibility?

What date is your cruise?

No.  Not yet.

I did however contact my TA to ask about it and he said that ship is very full - so bidding may not happen.

I will keep trying - you never know.  

Thanks for your help and interest 😀