Cruise Credits for Covid Isolation on Princess

For those who have previously tested positive and been isolated in their cabin on Princess ships, could you please tell me about your experience with getting credits for the time you were isolated.  When my husband tested positive on Grand and we were both isolated in our cabin, we did not receive an information sheet about any of our entitlements like wifi, food deliveries, drinks, or the credits for isolation days that are mentioned on the Princess website. Did you actually receive the credits for isolation time, and if so, how long did it take? How were you notified about the credits, or do they just appear on your Princess account?

We haven't received our credits yet but I've heard it can take a couple of months, and based on past experience with cancelled cruise FCCs that's probably accurate.

They will probably just show up on our account. Again, that's what happened with other FCCs.

I received the following letter once I'd tested positive. 

20221027_203042.thumb.jpg.cb589a3e5f4339d5125e9fbb4fa0ea54.jpg

20221028_122525.thumb.jpg.a8f45268e4f42c2ab33c786a6e768042.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Bluesky014 said:

We caught covid on the first of our b2b2b cruises in August. It took just over 3 months and a number of phone calls before our credits were allocated to our account.

I think I'll start chasing them up in the New Year if it hasn't turned up by then.

So far almost 4 months and still counting for our isolation days on Coral. When we were disembarked by Princess in Brisbane (as we were still positive), half way through our B2B cruises, we were advised that the FCC would be in our account within 30 days.

Numerous phones later, and promises to sort it within 72 hours, still nothing. Last contact was last week with a promise that a member of the "Solutions Team" would phone back within 24 hours, and I should "leave the phone line open".  Still nothing!

8 minutes ago, Seaspray8 said:

So far almost 4 months and still counting for our isolation days on Coral. When we were disembarked by Princess in Brisbane (as we were still positive), half way through our B2B cruises, we were advised that the FCC would be in our account within 30 days.

Numerous phones later, and promises to sort it within 72 hours, still nothing. Last contact was last week with a promise that a member of the "Solutions Team" would phone back within 24 hours, and I should "leave the phone line open".  Still nothing!

Cruising is meant to be relaxing not frustrating.  Maybe they need more temporary office staff in this time of increasing numbers of covid passengers. 

I wish they had given us something like this on the Grand Princess.  Information was hard to come by and some of it was passed along by the next door neighbours when out on the balcony.  I was positive about 7 days into the 13 night NZ cruise and the Grand seemed to be unprepared at first.  After a day or two they got their act together regarding food but there was no information given to me regarding phone numbers or what I was entitled to. 

First morning I asked for hot water to make a cup of tea and in the afternoon they called to see if I wanted more.  Problem was it had never arrived in the first place so I said any water would be nice.  Finally got 2 large bottles at 11.30pm.  Lucky I had son on board in a separate cabin and he was able to bring me food and coffee until they got themselves organised.  I think the size of the outbreak took them by surprise.  Whenever I asked a question the Medical centre referred me to Guest Services who promptly referred me back to the Medical centre.

However we were treated differently to Coral in that I was on B2B and my isolation spanned both cruises.  Started isolation on day 7 of NZ cruise and tested negative on day 3 of Qld cruise.  When we arrived back in Melbourne after NZ we were allowed to remain on board in isolation and continue with the QLD part of the voyage.  They finally organised with the authorities that we could put our incoming passenger cards into plastic bags (3 times) and these were given to port authorities and so we were onboard but still the ship got a zero passenger count.  All B2Bers had to complete testing on the morning of docking in Melb.  There was chaos getting the positives off.  It took till 3.30pm to clear the ship for incoming passengers.  B2Bers were not allowed to stay in the terminal but had to debark the ship and return at 4.00pm.  Some were not happy having to wander around Port Melbourne for 6 hours.

Oh well it was an interesting 27 days.  Not sure how I feel about it but at least I did not suffer much.  Just had a hacking cough but no headaches or temperatures.  Guess I may be immune for the next voyage in 2 weeks.

• Like 2