Whale Watching Tour--Independently vs. NCL excursion

SuzieQ521

Hello: 

We will be having a stop in Cabo in mid January with our NCL cruise. We have a 4 year old in tow so we were looking at the whale watching or pirate excursions (likely a catamaran as I think that would be safer with a small child).

The problem is that our ship does not arrive until 11 am and with tender, I am thinking 1 p.m. might be earliest we could do a tour so we are limited in availability.

There is an excursion with NCL that begins at 1 p.m. of course that is significantly more than any of the independent companies. I did find a 2 pm. tour with Cabo San Lucas Tours but that's on a fast boat.

So I guess my question is:  Is it worth it to pay whatever extra and go with a cruise excursion as I know for sure that they will wait for us and bring us back in time?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Private vendors will get you back in time, as long as you plan within your port time window. Their business depends upon it.

What time do you depart Cabo?

It appears we are there from 11 am to 8 p.m. 

Probably looking for an afternoon tour; I would imagine any of the sunset sailings would be way too late, especially since we need time for tender.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Book the ship excursion, we found during a cruise to Alaska that the ship RSVP's all the "better" vendors leaving the others to fend for themselves.  In Alaska we (six) figured we would book our own helicopter tour and save money.  First port all sold out, second port stop same, luckily a shop owner overheard our conversation about how much trouble we're in with DW's, made a couple of calls, and got us a late afternoon helicopter tour.  

• Like 1