Waitlist for cruise. Chances of getting cabin on the ship?

World Gallery

2 hours ago, auldlassie said:

Is Vista in the water for April 2023? Ihe founders cruise, which I take to be the new inaugural is May 2023.

A complicated question. One of our bartenders on the Sirena last month has a contract for the Vista. The contract starts early to mid April, I forgot the exact date. She said they’ll be getting everything set up for the Inaugural cruise including a trial cruise before the first official cruise. There would be passengers on the trial runs, but she didn’t know identities.

Edited by pinotlover

4 hours ago, mauibabes said:

No. the first cruise for PAYING guests is the Founders Cruise and that is May 13-20. We got lucky and picked up a PH on this cruise so it should be great fun. 
Mauibabes

Are the first few cruises on new ships usually for Travel Trades and TA's?

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Are the first few cruises on new ships usually for Travel Trades and TA's?

No 

usually the 1st one  may be  for invited guests  a short cruise 

but then open for paying guests 

We were on the 3rd sailing of Marina

• Thanks 1

All I know is that the May 13-20 cruise is the first with Paying guests. The crew will spend weeks preparing Vista for her debut which is always the case and a shakedown cruise will undoubtedly take place.  I am sure there are others with more knowledge will chime in with their perspectives. 
Really looking forward to this cruise.

Mauibabes 

2 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

All I know is that the May 13-20 cruise is the first with Paying guests. The crew will spend weeks preparing Vista for her debut which is always the case and a shakedown cruise will undoubtedly take place.  I am sure there are others with more knowledge will chime in with their perspectives. 
Really looking forward to this cruise.

Mauibabes 

This may sound silly, but honestly thanks to you, I am also on this cruise.  I had a cruise on an upcoming refurbed Riviera, but after a few posts from you and a back and forth exchange, I also booked the Founders Cruise, as we say in Boston, wicked awesome!

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

This may sound silly, but honestly thanks to you, I am also on this cruise.  I had a cruise on an upcoming refurbed Riviera, but after a few posts from you and a back and forth exchange, I also booked the Founders Cruise, as we say in Boston, wicked awesome!

Take an extra  empty bag with you 😃

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

why, will we be lavished with gifts?  My husband loves freebies, LOL

I thought all the crying and wringing of hands was over the Blue Bags, or absence thereof! 😂. Didn’t think about the take home dust collectors! 🤔 

• Haha 1

I have a storage bin FULL of Blue Bags and slippers in my closet, maybe I should bring some along to haul home the “Founders Cruise Loot” that could be coming our way. We did get a couple nice gifts when we sailed from San Francisco to Miami on one of Marina’s Inaugural cruises in February 2011. Something tells me this first new ship in 10 years WILL BE SPECIAL. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

8 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I have a storage bin FULL of Blue Bags and slippers in my closet, maybe I should bring some along to haul home the “Founders Cruise Loot” that could be coming our way.

Why bother taking them home if they are not wanted 🤔

I just leave  the stuff onboard

I dislike the slippers  & take my own bag

We left the gifts  from the Marina cruise  in 2011  we were on the same sailing

33 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I have a storage bin FULL of Blue Bags and slippers in my closet, maybe I should bring some along to haul home the “Founders Cruise Loot” that could be coming our way. We did get a couple nice gifts when we sailed from San Francisco to Miami on one of Marina’s Inaugural cruises in February 2011. Something tells me this first new ship in 10 years WILL BE SPECIAL. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

Perhaps we're odd but we've never once opened the slipper package on any cruise. 

• Like 3