That Other Live: Celebration b2b

jam19872016

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Here's a photo I thought I would never post because it seems weird to go looking for this to post it in a review but yet here I am.

Just sitting here drinking my coffee and reading on my phone and this guy sits down across from me.

20221218_143844-X2.jpg

There was a guy who used to write reviews on Cruise Critic who would have entire pages of people sleeping and putting their dirty feet up on the furniture...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, bluetardis said:

That person was obviously born in a barn, just no manners

🤣

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

There was a guy who used to write reviews on Cruise Critic who would have entire pages of people sleeping and putting their dirty feet up on the furniture...

I wonder who that was 😆

• Like 5

Frog grog.

20221218_170034-X2.jpg

Must not get ordered a lot I had to show the bartender what I was asking for then she had to follow the menu to make it. Super tasty though. It's on the zero proof portion of the tiki bar menu.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 4

At emril's for dinner part one.

Banana foster is no longer available and breakfast is only available at breakfast. There is a lot on that menu i still wanted to try.

Looks like I'm still going to need to book another trip on Mardi Gras or celebration. 

• Like 4

Everything was so so good. I decided to change up my plans for dinner part two because I want to end with an enjoyable meal and my plan just wouldn't live up to how good this was.

I'm outside on deck 8 now enjoying a glass of prosecco. I had planned on taking it to dinner, then grabbing one more after dinner tjen calling it since I broke even, but the recipet for this drink said vifp so it isn't counted towards the cost (although I'm sure still counts towards my 15 lol).

So I'll enjoy this drink in the cool night air and digest for a few minutes then grab another to take to dinner part 2 the revised plan.

• Like 3

Originally I was going to go to guys. Order the pig and anchor melt and the same sides I got last night. 

Then I was going to get another order of that delicious strawberry romanoff.

Then I finally landed on guys and the upcharge backyard brownie. All the upcharge food has been really really good so I'm hopeful to end on a high note. 

I also bubbled in for a couple meats because I got here and it smells so good 🤪

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 4

Pulled pork and sausage. 

20221218_194750-X2.jpg

The sausage recipe is new. I liked the old one better but both items were delicious. 

Backyard brownie.

20221218_195929-X2.jpg

Very good. Be aware though, it has nuts in it which is not indicated anywhere on the menu.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 2

omg- thank you for telling us that! My kids are allergic to nuts and they love the carnival chocolate melting cake. They would have loved the brownie, and if it didn’t say nuts they would eat it. I will have to keep an extra eye on the desserts now. I can’t believe it doesn’t say nuts in the description. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, 4crazies said:

omg- thank you for telling us that! My kids are allergic to nuts and they love the carnival chocolate melting cake. They would have loved the brownie, and if it didn’t say nuts they would eat it. I will have to keep an extra eye on the desserts now. I can’t believe it doesn’t say nuts in the description. Ugh.

Your welcome. I wasn't even asked about food allergies so when I tasted nuts I thought thats strange. Double checked and the menu makes no mention. Thankfully I have no allergies.

As I understand it they are usually good about allergies, this was an anomaly but wanted to point it out since nut allergies are fairly common. 

• Like 2

Stopped by the Carnival store and got a couple inaugural t-shirts and magnet.

Also got my water but left my freeplay. The line is too long for freeplay. If it was cash sure, but not funny money.

I'm back in the room where I'm gonna decompress for a while and hopefully get to sleep by 11 or 12 so I can be rested up for the morning.

Good night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Stopped by the Carnival store and got a couple inaugural t-shirts and magnet.

Also got my water but left my freeplay. The line is too long for freeplay. If it was cash sure, but not funny money.

I'm back in the room where I'm gonna decompress for a while and hopefully get to sleep by 11 or 12 so I can be rested up for the morning.

Good night.

Did they ever have t shirt sales? Or any kind of sales during your cruise?

Good morning from Miami where it is a chilly 65 degrees this morning. 

Throwing my last minute stuff together then going to make my way to the diamond meeting spot at center stage.

No breakfast not even coffee as I have started my intermittent fasting to undo the last 15 days of debauchery 🤪.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

Did they ever have t shirt sales? Or any kind of sales during your cruise?

2 for $30 if you call that a sale. My inaugural shirts were $24.95.

No other sales I noticed besides the normal sale but not really sales but I wasn't really looking so may have just missed them.

Thank you for doing this B2B.  I am 7 days out and these Live's have been amazing.  I definitely do not have the commitment (and I wont pay for wifi).  I will post a quick review after, but the dedication to doing the Live's is really appreciated!

15 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

@jam19872016  Thanks for taking us along over 2 solid weeks.  Have safe travels home and FAST like you mean it!😮

Thanks! Fasting has begun. First day back is always the hardest. I ate an ice cream sandwich which isn't technically against the rules, but certainly not in the spirit of dropping weight lol. Other than that I was successful today.

9 hours ago, LindyWebb said:

Thank you for doing this B2B.  I am 7 days out and these Live's have been amazing.  I definitely do not have the commitment (and I wont pay for wifi).  I will post a quick review after, but the dedication to doing the Live's is really appreciated!

Its definitely a commitment. I don't know how the ones who really get detailed manage to have any time for vacation! I enjoy reading them all though, even the ones after the fact so look forward to reading your thoughts.

• Like 1