AIBL bridge at sea

Lonedaddy

Just received an email from regent about bridge at sea.  I've played awhile back and still play "euchre" (I know it's not bridge, just a simple man's version) but my wife hasn't.  It says there are instructors on board, will they have a beginning type class or offering.  Just curious I'd love to get her to play without having to teach her.  It will be onboard our Auckland to Bali explorer cruise.

Enjoy social and competitive Bridge play on more than 80 Bridge at Sea Voyages aboard The World’s Most Luxurious Fleet. Sail to breathtaking destinations alongside Bridge Masters, who provide professional instruction and host games for all levels — in addition to being knowledgeable and entertaining professionals. Our ships are ACBL Certified, which means you can accumulate master points while cruising to the places you’ve always dreamed of exploring.

I sailed on Mariner’s 3 November LA to Lima cruise (fabulous!), and bridge lessons were given every sea day. The schedule went something like this: 10AM beginner lesson, 11AM intermediate lesson, 1:30 - 4:00 PM Duplicate play. Sometimes it was possible to play rubber bridge in the afternoon instead of duplicate.

The lessons were bad & good. Its a crap shoot whether the instructors are good or not. On Mariner, they were so-so but they were very nice and tried hard to please. That’s better than the previous year on Oceania Riviera’s November TA Rome to Miami. That instructor was AWFUL, and he just didn’t care. I wrote extensively on that end of cruise survey. The instructors on Mariner tried hard, so they got a pass from me - no bad comments.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1