Sunshine's library is in need of books

dayne

12 hours ago, pe4all said:

I think with the advent of kindles and other forms of e-books readers the concept of libraries (everywhere) has declined.  I used to carry 5-6 books to read on a cruise, taking up a lot of poundage in my suitcase.  My kindle goes right in my backpack, and I have hundreds of books at my fingertips.  Used to think I would hate not having a book in my hands, turning pages, but have adapted quite nicely, as I think many have.

I've adapted also, but I have some concerns ref EMF exposure due to my hours reading on my phone. Some researchers think there's a link to some cancers. Hard to go back to packing enough actual books for a b2b. Am thinking about it though.

Edited by Etta1213

There is a good chance that if you find a Stuart Woods or James Patterson book I left it. I try to visit Goodwill and get 3-4 hardbacks and leave them in the library at the end of the trip. 

It may be a little corny, but it makes me happy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, nydney1 said:

There is a good chance that if you find a Stuart Woods or James Patterson book I left it. I try to visit Goodwill and get 3-4 hardbacks and leave them in the library at the end of the trip. 

It may be a little corny, but it makes me happy. 

I did this on last cruise💕

23 hours ago, carol louise said:

Here’s the “library” on Pride sent by my sister, who is on board. We had the same piece of furniture as library on Venezia last month. My husband did find a book about civilization in Renaissance Italy, which is his kind of book.
IMG_2015.jpeg

As a student I love libraries and good old printed books, I often had to look for materials for my homework there. But with the opening of the https://essays.edubirdie.com/coursework-writing website, I stopped spending a lot of time searching for information for assignments. I am glad that I can entrust my coursework to professionals and take care of my more important matters.

Well, the time of digitalization has done its job. I also always take my Kindle with me, although my love for printed books remains.

I have my "kindle" on my phone - also the library's e-reader app as well.  I download several books prior to my cruise, just in case I get some downtime and have a chance to read.

We did, however, go hang out in the library on board on embarkation day.  After our muster, we grabbed some food from the Lido deck and went down to the library to have a seat and eat in peace.  It was nice & quiet and nobody else was in there...  once we were done we just hung out until we had access to our cabins.

while we were in there, we saw a crew member come in with a box and start filling the shelves with books (I say "filling" but it was just one box of books and he spread them out amongst the many shelves in there)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, danielscott said:

Well, the time of digitalization has done its job. I also always take my Kindle with me, although my love for printed books remains.

Yes, it has. I do almost all of my reading on my iPad mini. I load up several new books to the Kindle app before a cruise, but usually end up not reading much at sea anyway.