Emerald Beach - recent update?

kstetser

There are 4 ships in port, so Megan's is out and Sapphire, although beautiful has always been too rough for us in the past (and now it's also a cruise ship excursion stop).   So, I'm looking for a place that isn't too far from Havensight, has decent swimming and amenities (chairs & restrooms a must, food/drinks would be nice).

So - I'm thinking about Emerald. It is right next to the airport, which is not ideal, but it seems to fit our other requirements.   (We will be in Tortola the day before and will go to Cane Bay Beach.)

Has anyone been there recently and can provide intel?    Anyone feel strongly pro or con about it?

Thanks - we sail this Saturday!

Kathi

If there are ships docked at Crown Bay, Emerald will be busy since it's so close to that dock.

If no ships at Crown Bay, Emerald is nice. There aren't enough planes to make it distracting and annoying, and there's an inflatable water park on the beach that gives people more to do. The YouTube video looks like lots of fun!

The internet has increased crowds at most popular destinations worldwide, unfortunately.

I would consider Brewers but not sure about chair rentals there…

Not sure how long you are in port, but another option would be Secret Harbor. It can get a bit crowded around the Secret Harbour Resort, and the area where you rent lounges and umbrellas from AA Dicers (Aqua Action). But you can reserve them ahead of time to be certain they will be available. And the water is typically dead calm, and there is a great restaurant.

Just a thought…

I hadn’t read that Sapphire was now being used as a cruise line excursion option - is that really true? I find that hard to imagine with the condo properties there but the cruise lines are moving into the more “sacred” beaches like Lindqvist on STT, and Long Bay, Beef Island on Tortola…😔

Did you choose Cane Garden Beach because of the number of beach restaurants there? Brewers is gorgeous as well, with far fewer fellow cruisers around you…😄