On the Antarctica cruise - is internet worth it?

shamrockace

We booked an Antarctica cruise on Sapphire Princess for late January-early February. Before the packages go up in price, can anyone tell me if the internet connection on this voyage will work or would this be a waste of money?  We are not drinkers but I could get the elite cost for internet. 

Edited by shamrockace

When we did the Antarctica voyage in Feb/Mar of 2020 on the coral we had internet service all but a couple days if I remember correctly. It did get slow at other times but otherwise I don’t recall losing it on most days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geoherb said:

I saw go for it and ask for a refund for any days when the internet doesn't work well. On my cruise to Greenland, they automatically refunded people for 10 out of 16 days.

On our recent Regal TA, everyone was credited for 5 days of no internet.

6 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Will let you know in a week or so when we arrive in the Antarctic area.  Currently off the coast of Nicaragua, heading south and no issues.

Us as well. If they do not hear from us, it will answer their question.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

On our recent Regal TA, everyone was credited for 5 days of no internet.

On an Iceland cruise we got a full 18 day refund at $9.99 per day even though we had the drink package and were elite. Had to ask though.

• Like 2

In January 2020 we had access every day including while down in Antarctica. Some days were slower than others but it worked well enough. However these days it’s bad even in areas where you would expect it to be decent. I say go for it and if it doesn’t work see about a refund. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

In January 2020 we had access every day including while down in Antarctica. Some days were slower than others but it worked well enough. However these days it’s bad even in areas where you would expect it to be decent. I say go for it and if it doesn’t work see about a refund. 

I just purchased it before the price goes up December 14th. Thanks for your help. 

• Like 3