Ft. Lauderdale to Port Everglades

rebeccac

I'm trying to help a friend find a transfer from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades.  She's in a foldable scooter, and can walk short distances but cannot use stairs.  I know the Princess transfers would work for her, but they are sold out (she booked last minute).  What are her best options to get from the airport to the port?

We were just in Fort Lauderdale (at the airport and the cruise ship port) with a foldable transport chair.   I don't know how small your friend's scooter is when it's folded but our foldable transport chair fits in the trunk of regular taxis and some of them are not very big.  There are definitely taxi vans at the airport, too, so she could ask (there should be a person directing the passengers to the taxis) for one of them specifically if she thinks she needs a larger vehicle.   The vans cost the same as a regular taxi sedan. 

And interestingly, she should definitely take a look at this recent thread about taxis in Fort Lauderdale:  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2897302-taxi-from-lauderdale-cruiseport-to-airport/#comment-64425158