Upgrade Internet from Browse to Stream Pre-Departure

aputt

Is there a way to upgrade the internet from the included Browse package (from booking promo) to the Browse & Stream pre-cruise? I cannot find an option online similar to the drink package upgrade from Easy Plus to Premium Extra for the difference in cost.

I asked a rep on the phone about this because we would like to do it too, she said we cannot do it until we board.  
Not sure that’s true but I’ve looked on my reservation and don’t see the option either. 

22 minutes ago, Basketball wife said:

I booked a Yacht Club cabin where it is stated it includes “premium internet”. To me, this implies it is the best available and should include streaming; however, it also states “Browse-two devices”. So, does it include streaming?

No, browse only for two devices per Person.

We are a family of four sailing on Meraviglia soon. If have couple of questions about internet.

1. Online price for 4 devices (Browse and Stream) is showing CAD517. Does anyone know what would be the price if we buy it onboard?

2. When they say 4 devices for 1 member, how does it acually work? We four would like to have the connection on our phones but let's say I need to do some work on my laptop for sometime, would I be able to disconnect my phone access and use it on laptop?

16 hours ago, I M INDIAN said:

We are a family of four sailing on Meraviglia soon. If have couple of questions about internet.

1. Online price for 4 devices (Browse and Stream) is showing CAD517. Does anyone know what would be the price if we buy it onboard?

2. When they say 4 devices for 1 member, how does it acually work? We four would like to have the connection on our phones but let's say I need to do some work on my laptop for sometime, would I be able to disconnect my phone access and use it on laptop?

It’s 4 devices only. You cannot change between phones and laptops or tablets. Once you sign in on a device that is considered 1 device for the duration of the cruise. 

It is less expensive to book it before boarding. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, styles27 said:

It’s 4 devices only. You cannot change between phones and laptops or tablets. Once you sign in on a device that is considered 1 device for the duration of the cruise. 

It is less expensive to book it before boarding. 

Thank You!

• 4 months later...
On 12/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, styles27 said:

I sail in a couple of weeks so I’ll report back if it’s possible and how much it costs. 

Just wondering if you were ever able to upgrade and if so how much the cost was? Thanks. 

Edited by n2hu

9 hours ago, n2hu said:

Just wondering if you were ever able to upgrade and if so how much the cost was? Thanks. 

Hi,

Thank you for reminding me to update I completely forgot I’m sorry about that.

After researching our options we ended up using the cruise plan through our cell service provider. It was $100 for a month and Divina was included in their list of 175 cruise ships. 
It was much less expensive doing it this way for the 14 day cruise and it worked pretty well. 
We have AT&T

7 hours ago, styles27 said:

Hi,

Thank you for reminding me to update I completely forgot I’m sorry about that.

After researching our options we ended up using the cruise plan through our cell service provider. It was $100 for a month and Divina was included in their list of 175 cruise ships. 
It was much less expensive doing it this way for the 14 day cruise and it worked pretty well. 
We have AT&T

Thanks!! Just signed up on AT&T. Who knew?

• Like 1

On Meraviglia, it cost me $70 to upgrade on a 7 night cruise. I was solo and had the ability to use two devices. The ability to send pictures was not improved, i.e., still took 8 minutes to send one photo. The YC Concierge chastised me that I should have understood the terms when I chose to upgrade, and should know it's not like home when I asked to switch back. I said that I assumed it was like the many other cruise lines I'd been on where the upgraded internet had upgraded functionality. I do think YC should include the premium from the get go. Subsequently he called to say he had the internet team check and I had managed to use 1.6 GB so it must be fine. I stopped it as it was becoming argumentative and intrusive. I never was able to do WiFi call direct on my iPhone, even with the streaming, but I made calls using my Microsoft Teams app without issue. I think they are throttling speed on iMessage or something. Snapchat (and I heard WhatsApp) seemed to work a lot better. 

First time MSC cruiser. Diamond RCCL, Carnival. I am trying to understand their internet access. If I pay for one device, I can only use my phone and then if I want to switch to my computer I can't? I have to buy two device plans? Does not make sense. When you log in they know the previous device you used? Why should it matter if only using one device at a time? Advice appreciated, sailing Seaside in June.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:42 PM, shibby sails said:

First time MSC cruiser. Diamond RCCL, Carnival. I am trying to understand their internet access. If I pay for one device, I can only use my phone and then if I want to switch to my computer I can't? I have to buy two device plans? Does not make sense. When you log in they know the previous device you used? Why should it matter if only using one device at a time? Advice appreciated, sailing Seaside in June.

Correct, it’s tied to the MAC address of your device to prevent sharing. There’s not really any easy way around it. I didn’t try it on MSC, but in Celebrity I was able to plug my iPhone into my Mac via USB-C and share the connection that way. Might work on MSC but it’s inconvenient and I can’t remember in which direction I shared the connection. I think on Celebrity it was laptop sharing to iPhone, which isn’t too useful when you want the iPhone to work the rest of the time you’re walking around an MSC ship. 

7 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

Correct, it’s tied to the MAC address of your device to prevent sharing. There’s not really any easy way around it. I didn’t try it on MSC, but in Celebrity I was able to plug my iPhone into my Mac via USB-C and share the connection that way. Might work on MSC but it’s inconvenient and I can’t remember in which direction I shared the connection. I think on Celebrity it was laptop sharing to iPhone, which isn’t too useful when you want the iPhone to work the rest of the time you’re walking around an MSC ship. 

can you use the device as a hotspot?

15 hours ago, jean87510 said:

can you use the device as a hotspot?

The personal hotspot feature on most phones works by creating a wifi network to share a cellular signal. It doesn’t work to share wifi. There are some third party apps to do this, and it might be built in on some Windows or Mac computers, but again that defeats the purpose because you want to be out and about on ship with your phone, not your laptop. 

4 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

The personal hotspot feature on most phones works by creating a wifi network to share a cellular signal. It doesn’t work to share wifi. There are some third party apps to do this, and it might be built in on some Windows or Mac computers, but again that defeats the purpose because you want to be out and about on ship with your phone, not your laptop. 

Yep.  After I posted, I remembered the answer.  Thank you.