Pride dry dock wishlist

JimmyTheSaint

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

Here's a great website that detailed all the changes to the Millenium:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/celebrity-millennium-renovation/

As it pertains to this thread the point of it was that even at it's debut the stylistic choices of Carnival Farcus interiors where not mainstream in taste but purposely provocative to be different and 'Fun'. Whatsmore the money spend by Celebrity in their Revolution renovations are similar in scope to what Carnival did with their Sunshining program. It remains to be seen to what extent Carnival, post pandemic with cash problems, renovates the Spirit Class. I venture to guess it's not going to be like the Sunshine renovation projects.

I think you're right that it won't be a Sunshine level renovation project. The problem that Carnival has with the Pride, and I know you mentioned it before (I always love your posts btw) but so many of the Farcus design items on the Pride are broken and simply can't be fixed. All the Oscar award looking statues all around the atrium for example. Half are broken in half with another 25% totally missing. The faces of the girls all around are also half broken. It's not like Carnival has spares of those sitting around and they surely won't re-create new ones since that is the old design style. I'm thinking it will be similar to the Radiance's atrium. Replace those items with pure white panels with different color LEDs behind them etc. I'm actually looking forward to updating the Pride. I love that class of ship but felt too many rooms were way too dark and gloomy. I don't want to feel like I'm having cocktails in a damp, poorly lit basement. The other good news is I can't think of any lounge that would make sense for them to turn into more cabins except for maybe the butterfly deck 1 lounge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

... It remains to be seen to what extent Carnival, post pandemic with cash problems, renovates the Spirit Class. I venture to guess it's not going to be like the Sunshine renovation projects.

Yep - nothing like that to be sure. We'll be lucky if they add, or even substantially update, 1 venue.

Paint, carpet, and perhaps some new upholstery/chairs/bedding. Just a little bit of lipstick.

Tom

15 hours ago, kwokpot said:

And what it currently looks like after a refurb.

1531766114_Main-Dining-Room-1.jpg

I like it better now.  

I built an office building in 2016, my lake house in 2017 and we renovated our main house in 2021-22 so I have been staying on top of design trends.  As much as I know many people like the Farcus (sp?) designs, they aren't exactly what you are seeing in design magazines or on design websites these days.  Plus, our house we just renovated was very "Farcus-ey" before our reno and I really didn't like it.  Lots of wood paneling.  Lots of dark colors.  Lots of very "over the top" and "faux" design that seem (to me) to be dated.  For example, we removed this giant open fireplace that was literally in the middle of the living room and was big enough to roast a whole pig on.  

Edited by Eli_6

3 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I love all this art talk but my wish for the Pride is that the May 28. 2023 sailing would be listed in the port schedules at each port.  It is the first sailing after dry dock and although Carnival and John Heald assures us it is still going we would feel better and book more excursions if the ports listed it.

I am feeling more confident it is going forward because they have been adding excursions. I think they even added excursions for one port within the last week.  I think every port now has excursions listed except for Belgium.  Also, I would hope that they surely would cancel before final payment is due in a month. (With that said, they didn't for 2021...but Covid was an issue back then.)

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

... For example, we removed this giant open fireplace that was literally in the middle of the living room and was big enough to roast a whole pig on.  

I don't know - that might have been a mistake. I mean, who here can say they have pig roasts IN their house!  🙂

Tom

• Haha 3