Adding or switching from included AQ Classic Drink Package to Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

NJRonbo

So, my girlfriend doesn't drink.  I might or might not decide to have a few basic drinks.

A classic drink package is included with our Aqua Class booking.  This includes non-premium alcohol, which is fine.

There is something called a Premium Non-Alcoholic Drink Package ($25 per day on its own)

That package includes premium, Vitamin and sparkling water as well as smoothies.

THAT interests us more than an alcohol package.

Just wondering if its cheaper to upgrade to the premium drink package to get the premium non-alcoholic drinks ($14 per day upgrade), or if there is a cheaper rate to add the non-alcoholic drink package when you already have  the classic drink package.

I would think, at worst, Celebrity might switch out our included classic drink package for the Non-alcoholic drink package since it costs much less.

Any thoughts?

17 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

So, my girlfriend doesn't drink.  I might or might not decide to have a few basic drinks.

A classic drink package is included with our Aqua Class booking.  This includes non-premium alcohol, which is fine.

There is something called a Premium Non-Alcoholic Drink Package ($25 per day on its own)

That package includes premium, Vitamin and sparkling water as well as smoothies.

THAT interests us more than an alcohol package.

Just wondering if its cheaper to upgrade to the premium drink package to get the premium non-alcoholic drinks ($14 per day upgrade), or if there is a cheaper rate to add the non-alcoholic drink package when you already have  the classic drink package.

I would think, at worst, Celebrity might switch out our included classic drink package for the Non-alcoholic drink package since it costs much less.

Any thoughts?

In my experience, the Premium Non Alcoholic Pkg was free to upgrade (downgrade) to from the Classic Alcoholic Pkg which was part of the all inclusive. Only one person changed to the Premium NA Pkg, the other kept thier Classic.

Others may have a different experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

In my experience, the Premium Non Alcoholic Pkg was free to upgrade (downgrade) to from the Classic Alcoholic Pkg which was part of the all inclusive. Only one person changed to the Premium NA Pkg, the other kept thier Classic.

Others may have a different experience.

I tried to switch from the Classic Alcoholic Pkg to the Premium NA Pkg prior to the Sillie T/A in October and I was told if was not "doable". Didn't really understand why that would be the case? 

1 hour ago, LuAnn said:

I tried to switch from the Classic Alcoholic Pkg to the Premium NA Pkg prior to the Sillie T/A in October and I was told if was not "doable". Didn't really understand why that would be the case? 

I don't understand either, since the Premium NA is cheaper.

I read here that it can be done and had called around and got a couple "cannot be done" before someone said yes and knew how to make the change.