Chops tipping question

Just wanted to confirm since its been a while. We are not on UDP. We purchased Chops for our cruise. Is the gratuity included? We usually leave additional gratuity but didn't want to short or leave too much if it is/isn't included. We also have the drink package so I'm assuming that gratuity is covered if we sty in guidelines.

21 minutes ago, ballarinamom said:

Just wanted to confirm since its been a while. We are not on UDP. We purchased Chops for our cruise. Is the gratuity included? We usually leave additional gratuity but didn't want to short or leave too much if it is/isn't included. We also have the drink package so I'm assuming that gratuity is covered if we sty in guidelines.

Yes.  RCI charges 18% when you purchase pre-cruise.  Its up to you if you feel like you want to tip more.  

Same with the drink package.  Its up to you about tipping additional.  I will usually tip a bartender at the end if they give really great service.  On the Liberty, Ben in the Star Lounge made it a point to remember everyone's name and their usual drink.  Didn't have to tell him what I wanted when I walked up.  He was already making it.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Yes.  RCI charges 18% when you purchase pre-cruise.  Its up to you if you feel like you want to tip more.  

Same with the drink package.  Its up to you about tipping additional.  I will usually tip a bartender at the end if they give really great service.  On the Liberty, Ben in the Star Lounge made it a point to remember everyone's name and their usual drink.  Didn't have to tell him what I wanted when I walked up.  He was already making it.  

Thanks! That's what I thought. We usually tip extra. especially when we get the package on sale. Just didnt want to assume it was included and short these hard workers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

The irony is when Pay Rest first opened on Royal in late 90's the $5 or $10 Cover at Johnny R, Chops, ect was the Gratuity, and was no additional 18% either

I remember those days. I think the most we paid was $15 on NCL for their steakhouse and $10 on the Grandeur

• Like 2