Switching cabins fail

blueskadoo

Hi all! My SO is getting ready to start a big adventure in 4 B2Bs next month. When this was booked, one cabin (on the shortest cruise of the bunch- 2 night) is next door to the cabin he's booked in the rest of the month. Our TA has tried for months and months to get MSC to switch him to be in a consistent room for the entire time but has had no luck. He wasn't emotionally attached to the room, he just didn't want to have to move after such a short time but they couldn't seem to find any cabin that was open across the sailings. Do you think there's any ability to fix this once we're on board? He's in a regular YC balcony, so it's not a unique cabin. I can't look at the floorplans for the entire month as it just keeps showing me YC guarantee instead of open cabins. Hard to think they might actually be full for every sailing all month- the trip reports here have indicated that's not reality. Anything else we can do? Pay the people in the cabin 100 bucks to switch? 

Yes, we know the butler can move him, but still....not ideal start. Thanks all. 

Very little ability to change once onboard I would think. They worry about the current sailing, not future ones, and finding the same YC cabin open for  4 B2Bs is highly unlikely unless it was on Deck 14 or 19 (meaning not a prime YC deck).  You can't "pay the people" to switch (?? huh??) and the butler can help move but I must ask, why go through the bother for the 2 night cruise if this is a concern?  I'd cancel that one (do a rebooking to keep the deposit) and not worry about it.

My opinion only.

Depending on the ship and itineraries, it is very possible that cabin for his first two day sailing is not available because some one else is booked in the cabin through  the start of the second cruise leg.

MSC does designate cabins to be available for passengers embarking and debarking at the various ports or for passengers from different markets around the world.

And be very careful with any idea of cancellation, especially a YC cabin.  If one reads MSC's terms and conditions, it is vey likely any deposit (or the complete fare) will be lost.

MSC's ships, especially the Divina, would fit in St Maartin, St Croix, Belize, Aruba, Curaco (pardon the spelling) Bonair, and probably other places. The Equinox does 10 day including Martinique, Antigua, St Lucia. The Dvina is about the same size ship.