Please compare Silversea to Regent

kjbacon

I think every cruise ship has it’s great to OK, even within the same line.  We’ve cruised about 12 cruises on Regent and enjoyed the line—-that said we’re booked on Silversea Jan 5, just around the corner and very much looking forward to a great cruise.  We’ll Silversea have something we don’t care about, most likely yes—-but so does Regent.  I prefer the Regent dress code, but we’ll manage with the Silversea dress code.  Enjoy your cruise - and remember everybody has their own perceptions of what they expect and get………..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I’d encourage you to perform a perfunctory search of this forum as your question has been discussed ad nauseam.  You’ll find everything from suites to service, food to clothing, and everything in between including excursions.

Actually, your response is more helpful than perhaps you intended. Thank you.

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

I think every cruise ship has it’s great to OK, even within the same line.  We’ve cruised about 12 cruises on Regent and enjoyed the line—-that said we’re booked on Silversea Jan 5, just around the corner and very much looking forward to a great cruise.  We’ll Silversea have something we don’t care about, most likely yes—-but so does Regent.  I prefer the Regent dress code, but we’ll manage with the Silversea dress code.  Enjoy your cruise - and remember everybody has their own perceptions of what they expect and get………..

The dress code does seem more formal than Regent and like you, we prefer Regent on that. Hope you have a fabulous cruise!!

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Actually, your response is more helpful than perhaps you intended. Thank you.

The dress code does seem more formal than Regent and like you, we prefer Regent on that. Hope you have a fabulous cruise!!

Thank you, I will (hope) and what never you choose have a great cruise.  PS: I’ll be Posting once on the ship about my experience—that may help you make up your mind.

Actually, your response is more helpful than perhaps you intended. Thank 

The response was intended to be helpful.   This particular comparison request has been posted multiple times.  A simple search before posting your initial question would have provided the information you were asking for.   The same repetitive question tends to lead to fewer responses which is not helpful to you.   I hope you got what you were looking for with your forum search!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Thank you, I will (hope) and what never you choose have a great cruise.  PS: I’ll be Posting once on the ship about my experience—that may help you make up your mind.

Your experiences will be very helpful and I’ll look for your posts after the first of the year. Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, pavementends said:

Interesting that the exact same question over at the Regent forum provoked a number of thoughtful responses.

Interesting and then some.