Arvia's arrival

molecrochip

48 minutes ago, devonuk said:

We were allocated ours this morning. 4 grades higher than we booked but not a location we would have chosen 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for that devonuk.

Just checked my account and find I have been allocated one of those "best be avoided" deck 8 balcony cabins near the bow. Never mind, it will be an experience.

My account has been updated with the cabin number and I can print out my luggage labels which was my main silly worry, but my boarding pass still says cabin "tbc"

I bet I was right about that bloke with the clipboard.

1 hour ago, GOQ said:

Thanks for that devonuk.

Just checked my account and find I have been allocated one of those "best be avoided" deck 8 balcony cabins near the bow. Never mind, it will be an experience.

My account has been updated with the cabin number and I can print out my luggage labels which was my main silly worry, but my boarding pass still says cabin "tbc"

I bet I was right about that bloke with the clipboard.

What grade did you pay for initially? 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:30 PM, doog442 said:

Just booked Arvia last night for the Caribbean on 4th Feb (K303A). Looking forward to it. I bet some of the Caribbean islands are looking forward to the business as well 😉. I don't mind the size, although we thought the Britannia was about right. 

It was a last minute decision after a glass or two of vino, flying from Brum with god knows who. Caribbean wise we've been doing land based holidays but they've gone into orbit recently , so will float around instead with the odd foray onto shore as its far better value. 

Yes. So much better value doing the Caribbean by cruising. Incomparable to be honest. Especially with flight prices to Barbados

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Yes. So much better value doing the Caribbean by cruising. Incomparable to be honest. Especially with flight prices to Barbados

First time doing a TA for us, and so much cheaper than flying into and out of Barbados, as we did a few years ago.

12 hours ago, TigerB said:

First time doing a TA for us, and so much cheaper than flying into and out of Barbados, as we did a few years ago.

In addition to a TA being cheaper it means only one 8  hour flight and only one airport check in. 

In a few years time I think I will try and do a Caribbean round trip from Southampton, no flying at all.

I DO like flying, but 8 or 9 hours is a bit too long for me.