Upcoming Costa Rica Sailing

elklemi

January 7, 2023 sailing Costa Rica on Star Clipper and trying to arrange transportation to port but does anyone have exact information as to where the ship is actually located and what time you are expected to be at ship?  Wish they were providing more information for planning purposes.

They will send you all the information you need about 2 weeks before sailing. We sail exactly 2 weeks from today (on Royal Clipper) and got all our docs on Thursday. Be patient, they will come. I didn’t know that embarkation doesn’t even START until 4pm. So I have a whole day before we get in the ship. 

When I spoke to them about two months ago, they said that they hold off until bout two weeks before because things are still changing so much with Covid and other things. 

• 2 weeks later...

January 7 departure on Star Clipper Costa Rica and finally received cruise info email December 28.

This answered my question that I could not get answered even after 4 calls to Star Clippers for info on port, embarkation and debarkation times, also info they offer transfers to port, hotel in San Jose, and even excursions before and after cruise.  

This would have been a huge help in planning for my trip and wish they would provide this information when booking would be a huge benefit in planning.  My other cruises with them have been in the Caribbean and info was easy to find on my own but Costa Rica is different and heads up if you have a future Costa Rica in your plans and you might have more luck talking to someone who can provide necessary info which I was not able to receive.

I will post here after my trip with items I think may be helpful.  Hard to find info regarding items on this trip so when I do if you have questions I do not mention please ask and I will try and help.  We are not making a stoop in Nicaragua as the govt has stopped all cruise ships from stopping there and that is one stop I really wanted to make.  When is your trip and are you doing the Cr/Panama or Nicaragua trip?

We are on the Jan. 14 sailing which includes Panama.    I believe we'll be sailing from Puerto Caldera which is about 20 minutes from Puntarenas.  The challenge is getting from San Jose to the port.  I'm not seeing many options and costs seem to be extremely high for the distance.   I see an option for a minivan and wonder if there are others requiring this transfer on Saturday.  Note:  I've been to Costa Rica a number of times.  Do check on excursions.  Starclippers doesn't offer many, but if you want to see Manuel Antonio National Park you need to pre-book the tour prior to sailing.

4 minutes ago, TalariaSailor said:

We are on the Jan. 14 sailing which includes Panama.    I believe we'll be sailing from Puerto Caldera which is about 20 minutes from Puntarenas.  The challenge is getting from San Jose to the port.  I'm not seeing many options and costs seem to be extremely high for the distance.   I see an option for a minivan and wonder if there are others requiring this transfer on Saturday.  Note:  I've been to Costa Rica a number of times.  Do check on excursions.  Starclippers doesn't offer many, but if you want to see Manuel Antonio National Park you need to pre-book the tour prior to sailing.

4 minutes ago, TalariaSailor said: