Barbados flights from Birmingham

wowzz

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Out of interest has any one flown to Barbados on the P&O charter flight in November or December. If so, what was the departure time ?

Thanks.

Hello from a frozen Gatwick.  Tomorrow's flight is I believe 11.00am - I checked it as an alternative when I added by PE but in the event there were two remaining seats on Gatwick flight.  If I recall last time I used Birmingham TUI to Barbados in 2019 it was also around 11.00. 

I think there is currently only one Birmingham flight but two Manchester and two Gatwick.

Thanks MB.

Already booked BHX flights, but I thought I'd ask about timings now, rather than wait until next year, when people may have forgotten the details. 

On a seperate issue, could you check to see when you can book day cabins, for the last day. Sorry to impose !

Have a great cruise.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks MB.

Already booked BHX flights, but I thought I'd ask about timings now, rather than wait until next year, when people may have forgotten the details. 

On a seperate issue, could you check to see when you can book day cabins, for the last day. Sorry to impose !

Have a great cruise.

Will do. I think its 3 days before as others have said. Will try to update every day if possible,  we bought the supposed super wifi but previous experience says the best reception is one specific table in Horizon buffet the crew use to call home No doubt someone will be enjoying a leisurely full English every time I head there!

5 hours ago, silkworms said:

Our flight out of Birmingham on the Saturday to Barbados is 10.15.

Do you know where the return coach from Southampton after a t/a

delivers you at Birmingham?

Terri

Purely supposition, but I assume the departures concourse at BHX.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Will do. I think its 3 days before as others have said. Will try to update every day if possible,  we bought the supposed super wifi but previous experience says the best reception is one specific table in Horizon buffet the crew use to call home No doubt someone will be enjoying a leisurely full English every time I head there!

MB  - no need to put yourself out - looks like it will be on a first come, first served basis. 

I'm thinking that a day pass at a local hotel might make more sense,  assuming that is logistically possible.

Thanks again.

Edited by wowzz

6 hours ago, silkworms said:

Our flight out of Birmingham on the Saturday to Barbados is 10.15.

Do you know where the return coach from Southampton after a t/a

delivers you at Birmingham?

Terri

The Manchester coaches certainly return to Manchester airport, (the coach/train/tram, transport hub), which is logical as people leave from the airport and can park in one of  the airport car parks, or get a taxi or other transport to/from there.

Edited by tring

7 hours ago, tring said:

The Manchester coaches certainly return to Manchester airport, (the coach/train/tram, transport hub), which is logical as people leave from the airport and can park in one of  the airport car parks, or get a taxi or other transport to/from there.

Yes I know the coach drops you at the airport you departed from but

I was wondering whereabouts in the airport grounds the coach drops you off. Need to know for further onward travel.

5 hours ago, silkworms said:

Yes I know the coach drops you at the airport you cdeparted from but

I was wondering whereabouts in the airport grounds the coach drops you off. Need to know for further onward travel.

Is there a bus/coach station on Birmingham airport like there is in Manchester - in fact in Manchester it is a central transport hub including the train and tram stations as well.  There are loads of coaches going to Manchester and presumably quite a lot going to Birmingham as well, given the capacity of planes which fly out, so they cannot just park somewhere on the airport which is not designated for that purpose and let people wander around. 

That is why I mentioned Manchester with my explanation of the transport hub.  I strongly suspect thecre will be somewhere similar in all airports, though perhaps not for all types of transport like there will be in the larger, more commonly used airports.

Edited by tring

7 hours ago, silkworms said:

Yes I know the coach drops you at the airport you departed from but

The BHX bus stops are directly outside the departure buildings.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Hello from a frozen Gatwick.  Tomorrow's flight is I believe 11.00am - I checked it as an alternative when I added by PE but in the event there were two remaining seats on Gatwick flight.  If I recall last time I used Birmingham TUI to Barbados in 2019 it was also around 11.00. 

I think there is currently only one Birmingham flight but two Manchester and two Gatwick.

Thanks MB. It is indeed 11 am. For some reason I thought the departure time would  be earlier, so had only been looking at flights leaving prior to 10am !

2 hours ago, Mad4WDW said:

Sorry can't remember when they went on sale. We didn't reserve ours on either holiday but still sat together on all 4 flights

Thanks  - we are in PE and will want to book one if the "pairs" of seats if possible (yet more money!)