Deluxe Beverage Package work-around???

How does the Deluxe Beverage Package work in action on-board?  Do you have to show some sort of  ID?  Do you have a purchase card?

I've read that if I purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package for myself that I must buy the package for the other person in my cabin over 21.  For this reason, my wife and I are booked for a 7 night cruise on Allure OTS, her in one stateroom with one child and me in another with our other child.

In that situation, I wouldn't have to buy 2 DBP's correct?  We have drinks, but nowhere near 2 of those packages worth.  Between both of us, maybe one package. 

So, I guess my question boils down to whether or not I can game the system.

Can I buy a DBP for myself and somehow get my wife drinks with it too?  Are there drink police?  Can I order two drinks at a time? AND, can I purchase one child a refreshment package and somehow they share it?

Someone has had to try this before.  Help me scheme!  LOL

Edited by One_Ayed_Jack

Can you?  Of course you can try and if you get caught they will cancel your DBP with no refund and back charge you for all the other drinks. The bartenders and computer are really good at tracking your drinking habits and catching people who try to "game" the system.  Let us know how it works out for you.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dude, don't get defensive when people call you out for asking if it's OK to steal from Royal.  What you are asking is exactly the reason why everybody over 21 in a cabin now has to purchase the DBP.   Bottom line is take your chances and let us know how it works out.   

• Like 7

2 hours ago, One_Ayed_Jack said:

How does the Deluxe Beverage Package work in action on-board?  Do you have to show some sort of  ID?  Do you have a purchase card?

I've read that if I purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package for myself that I must buy the package for the other person in my cabin over 21.  For this reason, my wife and I are booked for a 7 night cruise on Allure OTS, her in one stateroom with one child and me in another with our other child.

In that situation, I wouldn't have to buy 2 DBP's correct?  We have drinks, but nowhere near 2 of those packages worth.  Between both of us, maybe one package. 

So, I guess my question boils down to whether or not I can game the system.

Can I buy a DBP for myself and somehow get my wife drinks with it too?  Are there drink police?  Can I order two drinks at a time? AND, can I purchase one child a refreshment package and somehow they share it?

Someone has had to try this before.  Help me scheme!  LOL

No, you cannot share a package with your wife and no, your children cannot share a package. The packages are per person. You may find it to be cheaper to pay by the drink if you only want an occasional drink. You can also bring 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of soft drinks per cabin, which would definitely help stretch your drink consumption. 

And far as accusing others of insulting you, you have already shown what kind of person you consider yourself to be by wanting to know if you can game the system. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, One_Ayed_Jack said:

Does this indicate that the person who responded to my question is known for posting and being contentious and we needed to get ready for the show?  Or did I somehow ask "the question that should not be asked?"  If it's because of my question, I'm befuddled....

It's not "the question that should not be asked."  It's "the question you already knew the answer to but came here anyway looking for validation to steal from Royal. "

• Like 2