Getting a Christmas card to the kitchen staff on Niuew Amsterdam

rdemn

So in September I was on a two week Alaskan cruise on the Niuew Amsterdam halfway through the cruise we were sitting in the Lido Buffet 

I went up to the bread station and there was a alligator made out of bread I asked can I have him to my surprise they gave them to me.

for the next six or seven nights I would bring my alligator walk around the bread station petting him and they would call me Mr. alligator man. 
I managed to bring the bread figure home and preserve him with lacquer we had a Christmas postcard made. I would love to send it to the ship and get it to the kitchen staff on Lido deck. any thoughts on how I could do that some of the people may still be there thanks

EFFEED22-9876-45C6-92E0-20F49075C4FC.jpeg

• Like 2

Such a lovely story and cute Christmas alligator with the hat on 😀! I'm sure they'll love the card. It also make me feel so warm. Maybe you can call Holland America customer service for the address to the send the card. Or if someone who will sail on Niuew Amsterdam can bring a digital card to show the staff.

On 12/17/2022 at 5:00 PM, rdemn said:

I managed to bring the bread figure home and preserve him with lacquer we had a Christmas postcard made. I would love to send it to the ship and get it to the kitchen staff on Lido deck. any thoughts on how I could do that some of the people may still be there thanks

Nieuw A is currently doing Carib cruises home ported out of Ft. Lauderdale. Your best bet is to send the post card to the Holland America port agent in Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades attn. Nieuw Amsterdam's executive chef (either Bitta Kuruvilla or Darran Salisbury) in big bold letters on the envelop. I'm sure, upon receipt, the chef will be more than happy to display it to his culinary team. incl. the Lido guys and gals with your best wishes

Let me see if I can get that mailing address for you. I used to have it when working 'cause my lovely spouse used to sent me small gift packages there, but I have misplaced that address. Will get back to you! 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 5:00 PM, rdemn said:

If you still want to send your "Alligator" Christmas card to the culinary staff on Nieuw A, I suggest you place the card inside an envelop with a note explaining the background/why you are sending it, and address it to:

Executive Chef

ms Nieuw Amsterdam / Holland America Line

4100 NW 142nd Street, Unit 106

Opa Locka, FL 33054

Upon arrival there, the staff will transport the mail and/or packages to Nieuw A's berth in Port Everglades, the next time she's in port. Crew mail goes to the Crew Officer's office who will distribute it to the various departments

• Like 1