Is this sale genuine?

rachiem

5 hours ago, rachiem said:

Now to decide whether to just opt for 7 or 10 nights (they are both on a smaller ship)

I would  do 10 +   if you have the time

the 7 day ones you are just getting comfortable  then have to pack up  😉

You probably can opt out of the air just like  in N.A.  bookings

Enjoy  what ever cruise you choose

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rachiem said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. 

We too have done a few trip in Retreat and Haven and after looking at Haven's 2025 prices on a 9 night cruise, it is almost twice the price. I wasn't blown away with Haven either (but do like Retreat)

We enjoyed Viking as you could access all parts of the ship without the need to upgrade. 

We are Elite in X and that certainly wouldn't make me go back to them for every cruise. We like the brand but with the prices that they are now charging, we are starting to consider alternatives.

With the Oceania UK site, they add free air travel but we like to arrive the day before.

As mentioned in everyone's comments, I like the itinerary's (they seem fresh) and that must be because they have smaller ships.

Now to decide whether to just opt for 7 or 10 nights (they are both on a smaller ship)

Now to decide whether to just opt for 7 or 10 nights (they are both on a smaller ship)  For us, we sail for the itin, we do like 10+ day cruises BUT if the embark/disembark is of particular interest we always add 3-4 days.  Upcoming 7-day cruise ends in Venice/Trieste so we will very much look forward to disembarking and spending several days in the area.  

• Like 1

Thank you all.

We are going to look at the 10 day one as it's a month later, so should be warmer.

We couldn't seem to get a cruise only figure (no air fare) directly but a TA has come back to me with a couple of options. It saves a huge chunk not adding the air and thought we'd loose the couple of extras too, but apparently you don't.

Now I have some prices to work on, I may just hold off for a few weeks and see if any New Year offers appear.

Thank you all for your help and being such a friendly forum!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rachiem said:

Strangely enough, it won't let me book without the airfare, so may just ask for the help of a TA?

That’s very odd.,.. if you try a mock booking and then you can shoes via radio buttons whether or not you require air. 

4C658D3A-E051-44CE-ADD2-DB0B361D0391.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ToxM said:

That’s very odd.,.. if you try a mock booking and then you can shoes via radio buttons whether or not you require air. 

4C658D3A-E051-44CE-ADD2-DB0B361D0391.jpeg

Thank you so much, I spent ages having gone past that page trying to see if I could take the airfare off. I totally missed it.

I can now price directly!

Really appreciate your help 🙂

28 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Thank you so much, I spent ages having gone past that page trying to see if I could take the airfare off. I totally missed it.

I can now price directly!

Really appreciate your help 🙂

Very welcome 🙂

• Like 1

That cruise on 7 days is comparable in price to a 12 night on Celebritys new Ascent in 2024 All included with 400 dollar OBC in Sunset Verandah I have booked. Gratuities included which will not be on Oceania.

The Sirena is a small ship and benefits from being able to port where X ships cannot. The shows and music is very low key/boring. The pool is better (no loud music or competitions). 

Personally I would look at a larger O ship. I like O for itineraries but my wife not keen as the demographic is to old for her (she is 62).

2 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

That cruise on 7 days is comparable in price to a 12 night on Celebritys new Ascent in 2024 All included with 400 dollar OBC in Sunset Verandah I have booked. Gratuities included which will not be on Oceania.

The Sirena is a small ship and benefits from being able to port where X ships cannot. The shows and music is very low key/boring. The pool is better (no loud music or competitions). 

Personally I would look at a larger O ship. I like O for itineraries but my wife not keen as the demographic is to old for her (she is 62).

Thank you for the comparison. We've been on the Edge (retreat) and it's a great ship.

We've had mixed entertainment on X cruises. The last cruise, a couple of weeks ago, had excellent entertainment but the Edge in May was just blah.

One of the main reason's we picked this cruise is more for the varied itinerary. 

We are still undecided and have loads of time to look into it 

Edited by rachiem

On 12/19/2022 at 8:52 AM, rachiem said:

Thank you all.

We are going to look at the 10 day one as it's a month later, so should be warmer.

We couldn't seem to get a cruise only figure (no air fare) directly but a TA has come back to me with a couple of options. It saves a huge chunk not adding the air and thought we'd loose the couple of extras too, but apparently you don't.

Now I have some prices to work on, I may just hold off for a few weeks and see if any New Year offers appear.

Thank you all for your help and being such a friendly forum!

Good luck on your decision! We first sailed Oceania this past June (Mediterranean), and I think it has become our line of choice (aside from a cruise a couple weeks ago with friends on HAL - no comparison!). 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1