September 2024 Edge Vancouver-Hawaii-Sydney ?

5280mom

DH and I are considering this B2B on the Edge.  Any thoughts on going this direction versus the April version coming back to Vancouver?  Looking at a Sky Suite and according to the website can secure both legs in the same suite.  We will confirm this when booking with our travel agent.  We are new to Celebrity having been mostly on RCCL.  Thank you for weighing in and sharing your thoughts!

On 12/18/2022 at 10:38 PM, 5280mom said:

DH and I are considering this B2B on the Edge.  Any thoughts on going this direction versus the April version coming back to Vancouver?  Looking at a Sky Suite and according to the website can secure both legs in the same suite.  We will confirm this when booking with our travel agent.  We are new to Celebrity having been mostly on RCCL.  Thank you for weighing in and sharing your thoughts!

The westward version has the favorable time zone changes where you will have several 25 hr days which is nice. 

Arriving Sydney with no jet lag will also be nice. 

Are all the ports of call the same in both directions?

Edited by mahdnc

Ports are not exactly the same, one less port in New Zealand, one less in French 
Polynesia and no overnights on the Hawaiian ports.  We prefer the fall sailing overall and it sounds like the slow sail west is easier.  

We did the Vancouver/Honolulu and Honolulu/Sydney b2b in September and October 2014 on the Solstice and loved it. We also sailed on the Explorer of the Seas from Seattle to Sydney in October 2017 to avoid flying to Sydney for a side by side with the Solstice to New Zealand.

Both transpacifics were amazing. I cannot speak to the Spring trips. It was VERY HOT in Hawaii on the 2014 trip. The locals all said “it is never like this here.”

Edited by cruzzzinma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ellencmp

Layers! I presume this is April/May timeframe? Unless you are spending time precruise in Hawaii, pack less for the tropical weather, it will get cool a day or 2 after leaving Hawaii.

We’re currently in Australia after a S Pacific cruise, heading to NZ soon.

I over packed for the tropics, and have layers for NZ where even though its summer will be cooler. So similar situation 😂 

Edited by lovecruzin