Cruises from Tenerife - Q about overnight stay

saint_em

Hi all,

I'm looking at booking one of the 7-day Azura round trips from Tenerife in Jan/Feb. Some of them have an overnight in Tenerife at the start and some at the end depending whether you join the ship on Friday or Saturday.

I'm assuming if you do it at the start you board on the afternoon of day 1 (Friday), overnight, have day 2 in Tenerife and then depart in the evening. How does it work if you do this at the end? Do you simply get to disembark later on your last day? 

Any views on which is the better option?

Personally we always like to fly out the day before the ship sails. Just encase the plane is delayed and you end up being very late onboard and dealing with the stress. If we do like a transatlantic from Southampton we prefer to spend the overnight at the end sometimes.

20 hours ago, rumbalizw said:

Well, you arrive into Tenerife. Some people go home , but you stay on , come and go as you please. Some new passengers will embark that day . The next day , you go home . 

Ok, so you arrive first thing, get a whole day in Tenerife, then get off the ship at 8am or whatever the next day? Seems like doing the overnight at the beginning would be better unless you're carrying your own luggage off, otherwise you couldn't be out late because you'd need to pack your stuff.

Thanks both!

1 hour ago, saint_em said:

Seems like doing the overnight at the beginning would be better unless you're carrying your own luggage off, otherwise you couldn't be out late because you'd need to pack your stuff.

Not sure I follow your logic. On your last day your luggage is taken from you and you have to vacate your cabin. You do not see your luggage again until  you land back in the UK. 

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Not sure I follow your logic. On your last day your luggage is taken from you and you have to vacate your cabin. You do not see your luggage again until  you land back in the UK. 

Sorry, I meant if you have the chance of an evening in Tenerife you might not want to get back on board early enough to pack and leave your case outside your cabin etc. (I recently sailed with MSC and cases had to be ready by 11pm). Whereas if you're just sailing from the previous destination it's not quite such a big deal.

Maybe I'm overthinking it!

12 minutes ago, saint_em said:

Sorry, I meant if you have the chance of an evening in Tenerife you might not want to get back on board early enough to pack and leave your case outside your cabin etc

That makes sense. 

When we departed last week for an independent transfer we spent ages working out what to leave out for hand luggage and all the liquids which had to be thrown out or put into small bottles then to realise that we would pick up our suitcases when we left the ship so could just put the stuff in then!!🤦‍♂️