Turning Diamond

dheat789

We will be turning Diamond on our next cruise the last night of cruise. I asked customer service if I would be recognized as diamond when we board and was told no beccause when you are reaching a new level on a cruise the embarcation day day does not count towards points. Has anyone experienced this situation. 

24 minutes ago, CrzRani said:

if you are jumping a tier at any point during the cruise that includes a night stay, they will provide you the tier you will reach on your card at the inception of your cruise.

When I recently became Diamond on the Celebration TA, I was looking forward to my Diamond card.  When I opened the envelope outside my cabin, it had a PLATINUM card in it.  I had to go to Guest Services to get the proper card.  A friend I was traveling with had the same thing happen, getting a Red card when she became Gold on the cruise.  So don’t get discouraged if you get the wrong one to begin with.

The terms and conditions on crossover cruises

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

This is not a change - the words have been there forever.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions