COVID testing in Rio for pre-boarding (COSTA)

mandwcruise

https://www.costacruises.com/cruising-soon/safety-above-all.html

Costa is requiring vaccinated passengers to a COVID test within 24 hours before boarding.

I will land in the Rio airport (GIG) 24 hours before boarding and then heading to my hotel near the Copacabana beach

1. What do they mean by an "antigen" test. How is that different from a non-antigen test? Is one more expensive, accurate, or faster than the other?

2. Once I figure out what's an eligible exam, where can I find a place in Rio (preferably within the safety of the airport) that is going to get me a same-day result so I can be ready next morning?

3. Will Costa ever have emergency last-minute Covid testing for the passengers who couldn't get their act together at the terminal?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mandwcruise said:

https://www.costacruises.com/cruising-soon/safety-above-all.html

Costa is requiring vaccinated passengers to a COVID test within 24 hours before boarding.

I will land in the Rio airport (GIG) 24 hours before boarding and then heading to my hotel near the Copacabana beach

1. What do they mean by an "antigen" test. How is that different from a non-antigen test? Is one more expensive, accurate, or faster than the other?

2. Once I figure out what's an eligible exam, where can I find a place in Rio (preferably within the safety of the airport) that is going to get me a same-day result so I can be ready next morning?

3. Will Costa ever have emergency last-minute Covid testing for the passengers who couldn't get their act together at the terminal?

Azamara is not so maybe Costa will change their policy as this can’t be a requirement from the country

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising out of Argentina in March with Costa and I am getting these same notices but then I also get these "we are staying on top of the current situation" blah blah blah emails.  If you go to book my exact cruise with another company, they have a big post saying "COVID TESTING NOT REQUIRED FOR ANY VACCINATED ADULT" so I called that company and that is exactly what they told me - for MY Costa Cruise?!  So odd.  I'm waiting to see what really happens.... 24 hours is going to be almost impossible for us but we'll see... 

2 hours ago, CupKayke said:

We are cruising out of Argentina in March with Costa and I am getting these same notices but then I also get these "we are staying on top of the current situation" blah blah blah emails.  If you go to book my exact cruise with another company, they have a big post saying "COVID TESTING NOT REQUIRED FOR ANY VACCINATED ADULT" so I called that company and that is exactly what they told me - for MY Costa Cruise?!  So odd.  I'm waiting to see what really happens.... 24 hours is going to be almost impossible for us but we'll see... 

See my answer on the other thread where you asked about this.

Please remember that a cruise line may have requirements beyond those of the embarkation country and ports of call. Even if Argentina doesn't require a test, Costa has the right to require one.