QM2 -Getting on and Off

canoncruiser

I disembarked from QM2 this morning. I do not know how things were reorganized,  but my embarkation in Southampton and disembarkation this morning went very smoothly and efficiently .  No long frustrating lines in the Mayflower Terminal nor on the ship this morning. Hooray to Cunard for this vast improvement. Immigration also went with some speed. I was advised to disembark at 9:30 which I did,  and I was in my car driving home by 10:15.  😂

• Like 3

We are also on the QM2. We were on a six hour tour yesterday ‘Christmas in New York’. The disembarkation and re boarding was swift and very well organised by the Red Hook people. We were kept separate from the passengers disembarking at the end of their cruise. We went through separate Passport checks (10 minute wait) and the same on our return.  So quick and efficient. We were expecting huge queues, but we were kept moving by several friendly helpful people directing us and wishing us a Happy Christmas.😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turnip eater said:

We are also on the QM2. We were on a six hour tour yesterday ‘Christmas in New York’. The disembarkation and re boarding was swift and very well organised by the Red Hook people. We were kept separate from the passengers disembarking at the end of their cruise. We went through separate Passport checks (10 minute wait) and the same on our return.  So quick and efficient. We were expecting huge queues, but we were kept moving by several friendly helpful people directing us and wishing us a Happy Christmas.😄

Saw you going under the bridge last night and the ship was bright and beautiful..

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:09 PM, canoncruiser said:

I disembarked from QM2 this morning. I do not know how things were reorganized,  but my embarkation in Southampton and disembarkation this morning went very smoothly and efficiently .  No long frustrating lines in the Mayflower Terminal nor on the ship this morning. Hooray to Cunard for this vast improvement. Immigration also went with some speed. I was advised to disembark at 9:30 which I did,  and I was in my car driving home by 10:15.  😂

We were also in the disembarkation group last Thursday. Having purchased QG (our year to splurge), we were in the 8:00 AM group for departure. We arrived at the gangway at about five or six minutes after 8 and were in the taxi leaving for JFK by 8:40. Never had a better experience in Brooklyn…well, at least not arriving into the cruise terminal there.