Live From Discovery New Year's Cruise 12/28 - 1/7/22 10 day Sea of Cortez and Mexican Riviera

iamaqt2

39 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Same here.  All of the past cruises post-startup we have received surveys as we were disembarking. 

Maybe they don't want to hear from passengers anymore! 🤫

They made sure to immediately send me my invoice so I'd be sure to remember how much I spent for sub par service in all the extra cost areas I booked.  

Maybe they should have sent the survey first and the bill second.

I was wondering if anyone else ran into the "actress/social influencer" on the cruise? She spent a few days in the Sanctuary, and annoyed most of the guests. She was filming videos with her companion and he was playing the videos back with the sound playing through the phone's speaker to determine if they needed to film another take. It certainly ruined the ambiance and quiet in the Sanctuary. I mentioned this to the supervisor and he was able to have them tone it down a bit. We ran into them in an elevator later in the cruise and they mentioned that Princess comped the cruise for them making a series of videos.

Don't ask me who she is, as she didn't look familiar to me. Also, don't get me started on the whole idea of "social influencers". 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

I was wondering if anyone else ran into the "actress/social influencer" on the cruise? She spent a few days in the Sanctuary, and annoyed most of the guests. She was filming videos with her companion and he was playing the videos back with the sound playing through the phone's speaker to determine if they needed to film another take. It certainly ruined the ambiance and quiet in the Sanctuary. I mentioned this to the supervisor and he was able to have them tone it down a bit. We ran into them in an elevator later in the cruise and they mentioned that Princess comped the cruise for them making a series of videos.

Don't ask me who she is, as she didn't look familiar to me. Also, don't get me started on the whole idea of "social influencers". 

We never saw them.  We were not in the Sanctuary on this cruise because we were with our 8 yr old granddaughter.

51 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

I never saw her and I spent a couple of days in the Sanctuary.  But it doesn't surprise me that Princess would comp a cruise for them.  It's a super cheap way for Princess to get a ton of free advertising to a younger demographic. 

While older people may not "get" the concept, this is very much how advertising works among Gen Z, Gen Alpha and younger Millenials.

Some of these content creators have hundreds of thousands of followers.  Imagine what it would cost Princess to mail flyers to that many people,  and how many would actually look at it instead of chucking it in the recycle.

This reaches directly to the demographic Princess is actively trying to get a market share of.

Edit to add: 

I was aware there was an actress onboard, and did see her briefly elsewhere on the ship. Did the person in the Sanctuary have short dark hair?

Edited by iamaqt2

2 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

Yes

Christina DeRosa

Edited by that
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

I was wondering if anyone else ran into the "actress/social influencer" on the cruise? 

She sang a few songs in Take 5 with the awesome Jazz band one of the evenings, but I didn't catch her name. She was introduced as a guest who wanted to sing with them as a guest artist. She was being filmed during this performance too.

Andrea 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

Is she the same chick that's doing the Instagram ads?  If so totally annoying.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Of course we have checked our spam folder, nada!

Mine was sent the morning on Debark last month on Discovery, but it was in the spam folder, then 4 days later, they sent another email survey. Maybe you'll receive the 2nd one in a day or two.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

I was aware there was an actress onboard, and did see her briefly elsewhere on the ship. Did the person in the Sanctuary have short dark hair?

She had shoulder length brown hair and was probably 5’3” or 5’4” tall. Her companion was much older with gray hair. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CruisefunSAN said:

Mine was sent the morning on Debark last month on Discovery, but it was in the spam folder, then 4 days later, they sent another email survey. Maybe you'll receive the 2nd one in a day or two.

On all of our prior 7 post-startup cruises, we received the survey as we were disembarking.  Who knows what the issue is with this cruise survey? 🤔

47 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

On all of our prior 7 post-startup cruises, we received the survey as we were disembarking.  Who knows what the issue is with this cruise survey? 🤔

Same experience 

curiouser and curiouser

Want to give 360

feedback

🤔

here too

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 11:12 PM, CruiseRookieSteve said:

I vote for Vines rather than having replaced it with Salty Dog Gastropub. But then I'm a wine lover and not so much into fried fast food. I miss the wine flights and extensive list of wines by the glass at Vines.

We are on the discovery in March for the 1st time - sorry to hear they don't have a Vines.

17 hours ago, Drea2Go said:

She sang a few songs in Take 5 with the awesome Jazz band one of the evenings, but I didn't catch her name. She was introduced as a guest who wanted to sing with them as a guest artist. She was being filmed during this performance too.

Andrea 

So glad I missed this.  Her voice was terrible.

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2022 at 11:01 PM, Travlin grrl said:

The same exact thing we heard when we were on a couple weeks ago. My husband said it sounded like someone knocking. I thought it sounded like creaking when your house is settling. I asked my sister who was on another floor and she heard it too. It was constant and seemed to be with the swaying or the movement of the ship. Luckily I brought my earplugs. I think it had to do with being a new ship. Maybe it's just settling in.

What deck was this on? and location mid, aft ??

On 12/30/2022 at 1:46 PM, iamaqt2 said:

Continuing Day 2:
At 11 we went to the enrichment presentation Knights of Rock by Leo Rossi. He's a fantastic speaker. It was a really great presentation on being a roadie and stage hand for the rock bands of the seventies and particularly for Fleetwood Mac.
He also gave a very moving tribute to his son that didn't leave a dry eye in the house.
We plan to attend all of his presentations.

20221229_110118.thumb.jpg.9e75b63913167312d2a687ce867ec863.jpg

20221229_111932.thumb.jpg.a67b8f2ec41df76ebb83cfc4e57fd190.jpg

After the presentation we headed to the MDR for lunch. The menu looked really good. The Thai hot and sour soup was particularly delicious. We also had the tomato mozzarella salad, the soy-glazed prawns,  the carbonara rigatoni which was excellent, and the mixed grill plate. Hubs missed the fact there was a veal kidney on there and the look on his face when he ate it was priceless. Dessert was an unremarkable apple turnover which was dry, stale and mostly tasteless.  Service was very slow and lunch took about 90 minutes.  It was super busy, so not surprising.

20221229_124218.thumb.jpg.3b1fe10600b5824a6d9ed1f2bb2f1760.jpg

20221229_124224.thumb.jpg.73850a8452affe7644cfcc19f53f8580.jpg

20221229_130618.thumb.jpg.a7b9832c6b364042d58b1a7613f0e81d.jpg

20221229_131118.thumb.jpg.7d3795be95c6394643a81027a051bee6.jpg

20221229_131214.thumb.jpg.8a48d9291c25bec3a6e315ba6ae23274.jpg

20221229_132114.thumb.jpg.555b099edd81e0b2909298386eb49bdc.jpg

20221229_132119.thumb.jpg.1c2d79fd6102f127dfed458fae17ee19.jpg

20221229_133754.thumb.jpg.533d0ee323d88661852b61f6ddbe39d0.jpg

Tonight was Officers Gala night, so we got gussied up and headed down to Good Spirits and the Piazza to listen to music and watch the Officer introduction by our CD Armando.

Headed to dinner in MDR and ended up at a new table, still nice location with much better serving team.  They were actively working together to take care of their section.  I forgot to take a picture of the menu thanks to those pre-dinner drinks.  But we ordered the walnut-crusted goat cheese salad, the mango mimosa soup which was absolutely fantastic, the bacon potato soup, and we both had the beef tenderloin medium rare.  The meat was cooked perfectly and was tender and delicious.

20221229_174818.thumb.jpg.a9d5b8bc874a26ca3e037d597d634783.jpg

20221229_180320.thumb.jpg.b7719384f5550681f4a2d1787f086655.jpg

20221229_174830.thumb.jpg.d582e2935f3395c8812f97add2d1ee3c.jpg

20221229_181623.thumb.jpg.acc05a720066b567d935ea66f0c09c9a.jpg

We skipped dessert to head to the Vista Lounge to see the comedian Miguel Washington.  He was hilarious.. my 24K Margaritas told me so.

20221229_203054.thumb.jpg.630f74a99d3c71c56b8c5591b0a4de08.jpg

Headed over to Take 5 to listen to the jazz ensemble for a bit, then called it a night as my drink package had gotten quite a workout.

20221229_212941.thumb.jpg.a60d1603d5b4847202219afdd9291d7f.jpg

where is take 5 on the ship?