2nd guest sails free

chicchic325

I don't recall seeing 2nd guest sails free before. But rather than get caught up in the hype, I just look at the bottom line for the two of us, including taxes, port fees, and gratuities. I'm not sure what the actual offer was under which we booked our upcoming cruise on the Sky, but the invoice has a line for Guest Fare, and another line for Savings, where half of the guest fare is subtracted off. Second guest free, 50% off for each of us, or ??

• Like 2

Look at the bottom line. All the (4) cruises we booked prior to this “2nd guest sail free” hoopla ended up costing more or less than $20 difference if we booked like-for-like with “sail free” promo. We kept our original bookings.

A good practice, once you book a cruise, is to periodically make a fake booking (ie all the way through until you have to enter payment info) for your existing cruises to see whether you can reprice them and get a lower total cost. Sometimes you can save hundreds. Do that without logging into your account then again while logged in to see if you get more latitudes points.

21 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why do it without being logged in?

Ahhh good question @ChiefMateJRK. I guess i should say I also do it from an anonymized browser. I just noticed with airfare that i get different prices than when repeatedly checking from home and assumed the same tracking of account & device occurred with NCL.

17 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

I guess i should say I also do it from an anonymized browser.

I typically compare prices by using a separate user profile which clears everything once I close the browser window and not logging in.

Edited by YangtzeCruiser