Seattle stays before and after cruise

stacied68

Prior to Cruise:  We are flying into Seattle on May 10th for a Carnival May 11th cruise departure.  We plan to Uber to a hotel near the port for one night and then Uber to the port the next day.  What hotels would you recommend?  We don't need anything fancy as we are just using it as a sleeping point for one night.  Would love to keep it in the $150 range.  

After Cruise: We disembark on Thursday May 18th.  We plan to stay two nights in the Seattle area to see the city. Do you recommend us renting a car for those two days?  What hotels do you recommend?  We want to see Space Needle and Pike Place Market for sure.  

TIA

Stacie

Edited by stacied68

I doubt you will find much in the $150 range downtown...you will need to, as discussed here frequently, probably stay near the airport.

Some threads about Seattle hotels. First one is about 6 threads down the board:

About 6 threads further down, still on the first page. Note the name of this thread:

Try the Moore Hotel - I have stayed there a few times -while an older building it is well maintained - it doesn't have air conditioning but in May that shouldn't be a problem. I will be staying there again in April for one night.

It is located close to Pike Place Market and Westlake Mall.

It is a short taxi or Uber/Lyft ride to Pier 91 where Carnival usually sails out of.

https://www.moorehotel.com/

Hope this helps.

Dennis