AMEX CPP Le Bistro coupon

slickpat

2 hours ago, slickpat said:

I noticed prices in Le Bistro have gone up a bit. Does any one know if the free French restaurant coupon you get by using your AMEX Platinum has a price limit, similar to the latitudes coupons?

Thanks!

2 apps, 1 entre, 1 desert

5 hours ago, slickpat said:

Thank you! So no $35 entree limit, right?

correct.  

I was always skeptical why they even list a la carte pricing in any of the Specialty Restaurants.  No one, and I do mean NO ONE ever goes to those restaurants and pays a a la carte.  So, why do they bother?  Besides, those prices are nowhere near what would be considered even remotely real.

Someone, somewhere, in the bowels of NCL corporate is justifying their job by convincing management someone should price a la carte items in the Specialty Restaurants.

In all fairness, I'm sure there is some accounting reason they have this pricing and give a "N/C" bill at the end of the meal.  I just don't know what that accounting reason could possibly be.

For the record, the Lobster Thermidor in LeBistro is something I've ordered 3X.  It is not very good even though I keep expecting it to be better than the last time.  I wouldn't order it, and I certainly wouldn't pay extra for it.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2022 at 4:03 AM, slickpat said:

I noticed prices in Le Bistro have gone up a bit. Does any one know if the free French restaurant coupon you get by using your AMEX Platinum has a price limit, similar to the latitudes coupons?

Thanks!

How do you get this coupon?

I was able to get it on the Escape in March.  We paid for the cruise using our Amex Platinum and the TA used this code, AMEXCPP.  Pretty sure it showed up on my account not to long after.  I paid in full for the Jewel this past Sunday but I don't the OBC yet.

On 12/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, graphicguy said:

No one, and I do mean NO ONE ever goes to those restaurants and pays a a la carte.  So, why do they bother?  Besides, those prices are nowhere near what would be considered even remotely real.

We made friends with a couple on our March cruise. They DID pay the a la carte price for food at Q. Like, an entire dinner. I was stunned....they even claimed it was a "good deal." I just mentally shook my head. 

• Haha 2

Still waiting to see if anyone knows the answer to this: "

Hello,

Anyone know if this Amex benefit works on all NCL ships?  I'm booked on the Jewel this summer and wanted to make sure to get this great benefit.

Thanks"

47 minutes ago, jcollin said:

Hello,

Anyone know if this Amex benefit works on all NCL ships?  I'm booked on the Jewel this summer and wanted to make sure to get this great benefit.

Thanks"

Yes it works with any booking on any ship as long as your TA applies the code at the time of booking. You get a piece of paper in the cabin the first day saying free dinner for two at Le Bistro. 

49 minutes ago, Always Cruising said:

I probably know the answer, but I paid $1,000 deposit with AmEx Platinum.  Does the entire cruise have to be paid with that credit card to get the Le Bistro dinner offer?

Yes. 

And the code needs to be applied by your TA to the booking as well. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

How do you get this coupon?

The program description and terms can be found by searching on “American Express Cruise Privileges Program.” Basically, if one pays the entire amount using an AmEx Platinum card, the travel agent can add a code to the booking that gives you some OBC and certain extras that vary by cruise line. NCL gives a dinner for two in Le Bistro, others have different things. On Oceania last year, we were treated to a wine tasting and allowed to take a full bottle of wine of our choosing that was included in the tasting. The cruise has to be five nights or longer to qualify.

I also believe that it is provided through travel agents exclusively, such that booking direct through the cruise line would not qualify, even if you did pay using the Platinum AmEx card. Not sure that all TAs have access to this benefit - the terms state that it is available “through American Express Travel,” but others have been able to provide it as well.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 3:57 PM, jcollin said:

Hello,

Thanks"

Yes. All ships as long as they have a french restaurant (I believe they all do).

Just to update folks as I redeemed these coupons last week on the Prima. Waiters referred to this as the french experience and informed me that upcharges do not apply. We all got the filet and it was the best on the ship!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.  I called my TA back yesterday as I had not seen this yet on my booking.  She said they can add it after and that they typically do that 4-6 weeks after payment.  She couldn't tell me why they wait but she assured me I will get the offer.  I've only done this once and had it applied the day I made final payment.  Has anyone else had this applied weeks later and it worked fine?

You don't have to pay the full amount on your Amex Plat card.  Our cruise deposit and a few partial payments were made with Amex but the balance was paid with another card and the Amex perks are shown on my NCL account.  I am past the final payment date.  

7 hours ago, amcc127 said:

You don't have to pay the full amount on your Amex Plat card.  Our cruise deposit and a few partial payments were made with Amex but the balance was paid with another card and the Amex perks are shown on my NCL account.  I am past the final payment date.  

Be careful. The T&C's state entire booking needs to be paid with eligible AMEX card. 

Screenshot_20230425_193706_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89382c68c7e9c1e827c8d27f47f695c6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Be careful. The T&C's state entire booking needs to be paid with eligible AMEX card. 

Screenshot_20230425_193706_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89382c68c7e9c1e827c8d27f47f695c6.jpg

I can't figure out how to edit my post but these are the T&C and you are correct.  I'll consider it a lucky day if the amenities stick around for our cruise.  

Just got off the Prima April 9 sailing. Booked through my TA and paid the entire cruise with my Amex Plat. Received the Amex code on my receipt. Received a Le Bistro dinner (note that it’s a coupon voucher they leave in your cabin, we didn’t know this & thought someone gifted it to us) & $300 non-refundable onboard credit. Now my TA(who often offers free gratuities with the cruises) which we cannot name here who is a big box wholesaler who also does travel with many stores in areas unlike the other wholesaler & they told me that the cruise had to be paid in full with the AmexPlat. It maybe different if you book directly with Norwegian.

Edited by nitesiren