Soda Package

MrCruzdoggie

8 minutes ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

On your next cruise the Soda Package option i not there, it only shown Zero-Proof which is wat more cost. Did they take it away?

We're actually discussing that here: 

It's part of the trend lately to increase costs of gratuities, specialty dining, and packages, and cut back on secret deals like the soda package. It's because they have a ton of debt and full ships now, so they have pricing power. Personally, after buying the non-alcoholic package, I got sick of soda and espresso, and am quite happy with the buffet soft drinks and Lavazza coffee, and I usually just bring back a 2L bottle of Coke Zero in the first port anyway. The RCI CEO said explicitly that they're going to try to make cruising equal to land/resort travel, that they'd trying to market to loyal cruisers more to increase revenue from them, they want to make as much money in pre-cruise revenue as possible, which is quite evident in the heavy Celebrity marketing off and on ship and rising fares and costs. As with other inflation and increased costs, some people adapt by choosing other options. That's one reason I'm cruise-line agnostic, so I can compare costs, experience, and itinerary. 

If they increase costs to match land-based vacations, I'll just skip cruising.

Actually, the ONLY reason I booked my upcoming Caribbean cruise was because it was significantly cheaper than the land-based alternatives,