1st time cruise - Silver Seas - Mumbai to Athens -

dogdyke1

Hi - Never cruised before and looking to book above for March 23 sailing.  Wondered if anyone had done this route ex UK and any comments / reviews / advice .  So much info on this site not sure which way to start.  
Any advice re booking from UK residents? Agencies or direct or comments re cabins on this route?

thanks any help appreciated although looking at generic advice also…

2 hours ago, dogdyke1 said:

Hi - Never cruised before and looking to book above for March 23 sailing.  Wondered if anyone had done this route ex UK and any comments / reviews / advice .  So much info on this site not sure which way to start.  
Any advice re booking from UK residents? Agencies or direct or comments re cabins on this route?

I cannot help you myself, but I would suggest that you post this question on the Silversea Cruises board, which you will see under the heading for Cruise Lines P-Z.  There might be another line that does a similar route, but since you are asking about the Silversea cruise, the help on that board would likely be best.

• Like 1

I have done similar cruises  - not a usual itinerary - might help if you post the itinerary and number of days.

I believe there must be quite many sea days in addition to the Suez Canal transit- some people enjoy sea days - others don't.

Also flying into Mumbai and pre-cruise stay in Mumbai might be a challenge if you haven't travelled in India before.

Make sure to fly into Mumbai at least two days before the cruise - if flight or luggage delayed for technical or other reasons you might miss your cruise - the ship wont wait.

• Like 1

Here's a link to the Siver Seas forum for itinerary (or other ship related) questions:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/108-silversea-cruises/

There is also a forum for UK cruisers, who may be able to answer questions about bookings from the UK:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/544-uk-cruisers/

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 11:15 PM, hallasm said:

I have done similar cruises  - not a usual itinerary - might help if you post the itinerary and number of days.

I believe there must be quite many sea days in addition to the Suez Canal transit- some people enjoy sea days - others don't.

Also flying into Mumbai and pre-cruise stay in Mumbai might be a challenge if you haven't travelled in India before.

Make sure to fly into Mumbai at least two days before the cruise - if flight or luggage delayed for technical or other reasons you might miss your cruise - the ship wont wait.

Hi thanks for that and your time yes we will be doing 2 nights Mumbai pre cruise and never been to India ! So just any advice is handy

On 12/27/2022 at 12:12 AM, mom says said:

Here's a link to the Siver Seas forum for itinerary (or other ship related) questions:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/108-silversea-cruises/

There is also a forum for UK cruisers, who may be able to answer questions about bookings from the UK:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/544-uk-cruisers/

Hiya - thanks for this info i will have a look - just about to book and now really nervous as to ‘wardrobe’ as i don’t really have much formal stuff so need to give that some thought 😱

• 3 weeks later...

Some suggestions

Gateway of India - the welcome portal to the Port of Mumbai. Right next is the great Taj Mahal Hotel.

Church Gate Station, a busy hub in south Mumbai and the ‘dabbawallahs’ who brings lunch out  from home for jobs.

Mahalaxmi with Dhobi Ghat (translated: place where the clothes are washed) - which is Mumbai's largest “washing machine”  and Mani Bhavan which was Mahatma Gandhi's headquarters.

• Like 1