Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

19 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha.  Looking forward to your safe enjoyable vacay. We did a looong cruise around South America Antarctica and the Falklands a few years ago. We we’re leaving from New York versus Honolulu that time. Anyway, crazy weather delays and canceled and delayed flights caused it to take 42 hours to get to Rio.  Luckily our luggage made it. Needless to say driving was not an option! Have agreat time and take food pictures lol.

That’s crazy! Cruise sounds amazing. And don’t worry - food pictures is my middle name. My parents were hippies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Uh oh. My 6:30pm DAL-MCO is still showing as on time, but cancellations are raining in around it. Getting into a “you’re probably driving, big boy” mindset. 

thing is, I need to decide if I’m driving or not by 6-7 hours prior to my flight or else I’m scrambling and driving through the night. Everything else is sold out or more than a grand. So basically I run the risk of playing it safe and driving the whole thing, paying for two more hotel nights and seven nights of parking at the pier and the flight still happening…. But that’s what I’m looking at. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hotels by the pier are booked solid. Good luck, that winter storm created a mess. 

Will wave as we sail by aboard the Magic though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Hotels by the pier are booked solid. Good luck, that winter storm created a mess. 

Will wave as we sail by aboard the Magic though.

I have no doubt! It’s gonna be a crazy busy day at PC with so many ships in. Makes for a cool Sailaway though!

30 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Ah you made the choice to drive probably the correct one with the winter storm still causing havoc.

If I was flying anyone but Southwest I’d have been fine. Unfortunately, they’ve had a meltdown for the ages. Oh well. Gonna make it work. We’ll save on Ubers anyway. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Safe travels!!  You're making me nervous with your texting (I know, thanks mom😉)

I stopped to take my hoodie off and caught up mostly then. Well, and when I was in standstill traffic. Promise. 😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

B5A34291-776C-45D9-8245-351705E8CE06.thumb.png.824631ba20104e885c4c27fbb6a2c00d.png

looking around a 7pm ETA not counting stops. I’ve stayed at this Fairfield as a midway point on this drive many times, it’s a good area and sets up tomorrow nicely. Now let’s find some breakfast and blow this joint. 

Be sure to eat at the East Shore Cafe for breakfast in Daphne, Alabama.  It's amazing

• Like 1

Stopped and got gas. Not exactly sure what the name of the town is. Collins maybe? All I know is they are the proud hometown of Major Dad himself, Gerald McRaney. 

there were no urinals in the men’s room. I did a double take to make sure I was in the right place. Just two stalls. The first stall had a hand made sign that said in all caps “DO NOT OPEN THIS STALL.”

curious, but terrified. We go on! Two and a half to go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

You know, after all that? Playing it safe, playing the odds, reading all the horror stories? My fight ended up being one that took off and made it to MCO without issue. Because of course it did. Not the first time I’ve gambled and lost, won’t be the last! Oh well. Made it! POSITIVE VIBES ONLY!

• Like 13