Speciality Dining package Virtuosa

elmsliebev

6 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

Hi @elmsliebev - you'll need to book the restaurants when you are on board. 

BTW - I'm on Virtuosa in April and June - and they're not showing specialty restaurants or the carousel shows as being able to book yet. When is your cruise?

thanks Ryan, we'll do it as soon as we get on board. We go March 3rd but the offer has been up for a couple of months. Maybe April is the start of the new season? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

another question:

we've booked the 4 restaurants and show speciality dining package. How does that work once we are onboard - do we have to book each one or will we be pre-booked? 

thanks

Hi @elmsliebev, FYI, MSC dining packages work a little different than some of the other cruise lines like Royal Caribbean and NCL. You will be limited to a ‘dining experience’ menu with limited selections, the full regular menu is available but you will pay 50% of the regular price if you want an item on the regular menu not included on the experience ‘menu’. There are many YouTube videos you can review for more info.

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Hi @elmsliebev, FYI, MSC dining packages work a little different than some of the other cruise lines like Royal Caribbean and NCL. You will be limited to a ‘dining experience’ menu with limited selections, the full regular menu is available but you will pay 50% of the regular price if you want an item on the regular menu not included on the experience ‘menu’. There are many YouTube videos you can review for more info.

many thanks Wally, yes I've seen the "dining experience" menus - they look excellent. Very much looking forward to trying them, there's certainly enough choice for me.

• Like 1

Happy New Year all!

I am considering a cruise on World Europa next year but absolutely cannot justify the cost of YC.

I also am not a fan of MSC's MDR food - so thought a compromise would be to go in an 'ordinary' balcony cabin and buy a dining package.

Without having booked a cruise, I cannot see a cost. Is there an easy way to find out what the cost would be or is it dependent on ship/itinerary?

A slightly related question - a benefit of a package is we can dine when we want (I hate fixed dining). So, we don't need to upgrade to Aurea either - as I understand it thermal access is no longer included with Aurea (it isn't listed on my usual TA's site as being a perk).

Edited by Captain-John

2 hours ago, Captain-John said:

Happy New Year all!

I am considering a cruise on World Europa next year but absolutely cannot justify the cost of YC.

I also am not a fan of MSC's MDR food - so thought a compromise would be to go in an 'ordinary' balcony cabin and buy a dining package.

Without having booked a cruise, I cannot see a cost. Is there an easy way to find out what the cost would be or is it dependent on ship/itinerary?

A slightly related question - a benefit of a package is we can dine when we want (I hate fixed dining). So, we don't need to upgrade to Aurea either - as I understand it thermal access is no longer included with Aurea (it isn't listed on my usual TA's site as being a perk).

£104pp is what we've paid for 4 meals plus a Carousel show with a cocktail. This is for Virtuosa in Northen Europe in March.  The restaurants are Butcher's Cut, Indocine, Kaito & Hola. That's about $126US.  As far as I know you can dine anytime, just book when on board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Captain-John said:

Happy New Year all!

We are booked on World Europa in 2 weeks in a balcony cabin and bought the Finest 4 speciality dining. €125 each. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveyGK said:

We are booked on World Europa in 2 weeks in a balcony cabin and bought the Finest 4 speciality dining. €125 each. 

Thank you! I've gone back to the classroom (last cruise on MSC was Oct '19) and re-educated myself on all the changes to packages and experience levels.

I've decided to book Aurea on World Europa for the flexible dining times  (and minimal price difference), and I understand thermal access is still included. Also in the deal is the 'Premium Extra' drinks package (I'd have expected Easy if any). Finally I think Aurea means I may get a discount on the dining package but to be honest would happily pay full price for the improvement to the expereince this brings.

I love the MSC hard product, the only thing that makes me hesitate is the food if not in YC but a big ship with lots of specialities solves this and I don't mind the upcharges as the base fare is quite competitive in the first place.

Final thing I need to get my head around is the Voyager's Club discount - cruise will be in November 23 - so do I get 5% + 5% & 50 EUR OBC (I am Diamond).

(My apologies for the thread hijack @elmsliebev)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

As its more than 9 months off you'll get the 5% plus 5% discount for being silver or above @Captain-John

Thank you (this is a change to the Voyger's club since my last sailing). Is there also 50EUR OBC or is that only for direct bookings (I use an online TA)?

I need to mentally add that discount into my research when looking at other sailings as it can be fairly significant against YC bookings for example or longer sailings.

Finally - my Voygar's Club account 'expires' in October '23 and I won't be sailing until November - I assume they won't extend it based on the future booking - but do all the points get wiped and I start from 0 again?