Crowne Plaza San Pedro Cruise Shuttle

kelib

Or walk if you’re able.  It is just about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel to the ship.  Nice, level walk along the waterfront. 

We’ve never taken the shuttle but friends who have checked in with the front desk the night before to ensure they had a ride at the time they wanted to leave.

• Like 1

This is from the CP'S web site.

Shuttle Service to Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center San Pedro only for $5.50 per person each way.

I don't use the shuttle, when I stay at the Crown. But I have seen the line waiting for the shuttle, go from the front door and back to the gift shop. 

7 hours ago, Greg4502 said:

This is from the CP'S web site.

Shuttle Service to Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center San Pedro only for $5.50 per person each way.

I don't use the shuttle, when I stay at the Crown. But I have seen the line waiting for the shuttle, go from the front door and back to the gift shop. 

Do you usually take Lyft/Uber/Taxi? Since it's such a short distance, I wonder if there will be any available drivers? We were considering the shuttle but I assume it will be full and not sure when it leaves? (we have the first check-in time for NCL). 

We are staying at the Crown in a couple weeks. We would consider walking to the Port but with luggage and a 4 year old in tow, it may be difficult!

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, kelib said:

Anyone with the experience using the shuttle? There are 2 cruises leaving from the port that day. 
Wondering if it is easier to take an Uber over instead 

On 1/1/2023 at 2:33 PM, SuzieQ521 said:

Do you usually take Lyft/Uber/Taxi? Since it's such a short distance, I wonder if there will be any available drivers? We were considering the shuttle but I assume it will be full and not sure when it leaves? (we have the first check-in time for NCL). 

We are staying at the Crown in a couple weeks. We would consider walking to the Port but with luggage and a 4 year old in tow, it may be difficult!

A suggestion:  if you have bags that you're going to check with a porter prior to boarding, then one person walk them over first thing in the morning (like 8:30 ish) ) and check them in and walk back to the CP.  Then take a leisurely stroll over after breakfast to board the ship.  It's literally a 10-15 minute walk, and quite pleasant.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2023 at 1:27 PM, ScottCarnagey said:

Is it a safe area to walk in? 

Yes as we always stay here prior to our cruises and walk to dinner as plenty of places to choose from. We will be there again in a few weeks but I think that we’re going to try using Uber as we’re leaving our car parked at the hotel for the first time due to leaving from the outer pier in place of #92/93 but we return to #92. Just hope Uber doesn’t have an issue with the short distance. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Yes as we always stay here prior to our cruises and walk to dinner as plenty of places to choose from. We will be there again in a few weeks but I think that we’re going to try using Uber as we’re leaving our car parked at the hotel for the first time due to leaving from the outer pier in place of #92/93 but we return to #92. Just hope Uber doesn’t have an issue with the short distance. 

That's one of the benefits of Uber, when you use the app and input your exact origin and destination, the driver will know how short the trip is before accepting. That way you know they are OK with the short fare. We tried this in Fort Lauderdale a month ago, getting an Uber from the Renaissance on 17th to Terminal 2, a distance shorter than from the Crowne Plaza to the dock in San Pedro. No problems finding a driver for such a short trip

I am thinking about walking to port. I am a bit mobility impaired but willing to get some exercise, and as my luggage is not overly burdensome thought I'd try it. Are there any places to sit along the way where i might be able to just sit for bit if I found it too daunting?

13 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

I am thinking about walking to port. I am a bit mobility impaired but willing to get some exercise, and as my luggage is not overly burdensome thought I'd try it. Are there any places to sit along the way where i might be able to just sit for bit if I found it too daunting?

I just "walked" the route on Google Street View, and it looks like there are plenty of places to sit down along the route. As you exit the Crowne Plaza and head due east, you come to Harbor Blvd, which then runs north to the Cruise terminal. The first place to sit down are the benches at the USS Los Angeles memorial, 300 yards from the CP. Farther along Harbor Blvd, there are benches near  W 5th St on a walking path which parallels Harbor Blvd. So yes, there seem to be plenty of places to sit down. Keep in mind that the total walking distance from the CP to Piers 92/93, though very flat, is 0.8 miles. Have a great cruise ;o)

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your info. It looks like our ship is the only one departing that day so shuttle won't be a problem.  0.8 is a bit daunting but who knows, I might be in better shape by then.

3 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

Thank you so much for your info. It looks like our ship is the only one departing that day so shuttle won't be a problem.  0.8 is a bit daunting but who knows, I might be in better shape by then.

No worries. We have used the CP shuttle in the past and it's also very convenient. And if you don't want to wait, or share a bus, there's always the ubiquitous Uber option as well.

If you check Youtube under Crowne Plaza there's a video of a person walking the route to the port. Believe it was about a 15 minute walk and will give you a good idea of what was described above.

Have a great trip!

Cheers,

Rob

36 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Wouldn't you say so even in the evening? Like walking back from Raffaello or Baramee at 8PM? Maybe not at 1AM staggering back from the Break Room, but earlier?

yes with a group, maybe not alone..but that's as much a woman walking alone thing as a location thing