Daily checking paid off!!

Hi Everyone!

I know this is a pretty pathetic excuse for a new thread, but I'm so excited that I had to share!

We are booked on Voyager transatlantic 6th May - this is our first RCCL cruise and only our 2nd cruise together.

We originally booked an E2 near the middle but thanks to reading this board (i'm a daily lurker!) I found out about hump cabins and aft balconies.

So every day I've been checking the website for a better option, we've moved a couple of times - to a well placed D2 last week but today we have moved.....for the last time.....to 1388!!!

It looks like a huge cabin and the aft balcony looks amazing. We love watching the wake and were disappointed that there was nowhere to eat outside at the aft (we cruised on Summit before). But now that is solved - we have our very own area there!

http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/cabins/aftcabins/13881688/vy/onvycab1388w012.html

So it just goes to show that it's worth reading all the threads (thanks to everyone for their helpful postings esp. BonnieVoyager - great photos!)and checking the website everyday!

I'm so excited now and can't wait for our cruise - are we going to be spoiled now?!?

Ellie

xx

ooh, good catch. We're on that sailing and still in a deck-6 inside, but I keep holding out hope that the balcony prices will drop and I'll be able to upgrade, or that I'll be able to get a pier upgrade. Right now I just can't justify $700pp more, particularly since there are those 6 days crossing, and I question how much I'll want to be on the balcony. (this coming from a balcony snob who generally refuses to sail in anything BUT a balcony). $1400 buys a lot of guinness at the Pig and Whistle!

ooh, good catch. We're on that sailing and still in a deck-6 inside, but I keep holding out hope that the balcony prices will drop and I'll be able to upgrade, or that I'll be able to get a pier upgrade. Right now I just can't justify $700pp more, particularly since there are those 6 days crossing, and I question how much I'll want to be on the balcony. (this coming from a balcony snob who generally refuses to sail in anything BUT a balcony). $1400 buys a lot of guinness at the Pig and Whistle!

Hello!

I think you'll be lucky to get a price drop on this sailing - the price has gone up slightly since we booked! We were originally intending booking inside - I was on a mission to see how economically we could cruise but I was worried I'd feel claustrophic if I couldn't get outside. I just adored breakfast on the balcony on our first cruise and think I'd miss it.

That said, the price difference would have paid half another cruise!

I'm still slightly in disbelief that we got our top cabin choice - who in their right mind would give it up?

Can't believe it's still over 8 weeks away - I can't wait!

Ellie

OK I will claim my ignorance! Where do you check to find out if another level of cabin is available, and how do you all know the different cabin abbreviations? I am just happy to be cruising again after a 1 1/2 year sabatical. Russell

OK I will claim my ignorance! Where do you check to find out if another level of cabin is available, and how do you all know the different cabin abbreviations? I am just happy to be cruising again after a 1 1/2 year sabatical. Russell

Hi Russell

To find out what's available use the RCCL website - just pretend you are booking your cruise again and you'll be able to see the cabins that are available.

As for abbreviations - it'a learning curve and I only picked it up from compulsively reading the boards! The Cabin Selection Tips board might be useful too.

I had no idea about cabin types until I started reading here - if some had told me I should book an Aft D1 corner balcony a few weeks ago I'd have looked at them like they had horns! But once you do some research it all starts to make sense!

Happy Cruising!

Ellie

Archived