Using TA OBC

Kenhel

We are doing a B2B European and Transatlantic repositioning to Ft Lauderdale in September 2024.  This will be our first time travelling to Europe and we would like to book the excursions in advance. We have a combination of TA and Princess OBC.  When does the Princess OBC typically appear on the account?  I believe the TA OBC will not appear on our ship account until we are onboard. Once the Princess OBC is used up, the remaining excursion costs will go on our credit card.  Once onboard, is there an option to have customer service reverse the credit card charges and apply the TA OBC to the booked excursions. 

If there is some OBC left from the first cruise can it be transferred to the second cruise? Our B2B are 2 separate reservations (same state room for both cruises). Alternatively, if the TA OBC is not used can we have it refunded to our credit card? 

Princess OBC will show up once the deposit is made, and the Travel Summary is available.

Go into your account (on-line not the App) and click on Luggage Tag & Travel Summary (top right side).   When this page opens up, scroll down and find the Travel Summary.  All Princess OBC will be listed here, just below the Invoice space.

I am told TA OBC arrives when you get on board, my TA's OBC (In Canada) is listed on the Travel Summary.  I have not been able to access this OBC until I sail.

I am not sure about cancelling payment on-board and then trying to use the TA OBC when you get on board. I would suspect not.  

Refund of unused OBC... never happens - LOL!!  Refunds of refundable OBC is by way of a cheque that is mailed to you after the cruise is completed.

4 hours ago, Kenhel said:

If there is some OBC left from the first cruise can it be transferred to the second cruise? Our B2B are 2 separate reservations (same state room for both cruises).

Yes, account balances and info just roll forward until your final segment.

4 hours ago, Kenhel said:

Once onboard, is there an option to have customer service reverse the credit card charges and apply the TA OBC to the booked excursions.

Nope.  You would have to cancel the excursions - assuming you were within deadline to cancel and get a refund to credit card.  But this would need to be before sailing I believe or they refund to account.  Then you would need to re-book soon after boarding and hope both space available and not a higher price.  Very likely the price goes up.  I would find another way to spend the OBC. 

BTW, is the TA OBC a group OBC like $50/$75/$85?  Or is this an OBC being given to you in lieu of a cash discount off the fare?  If the latter, it should be Refundable OBC, in which case unspent dollars are refunded to you.  If you are not sure, ask your TA as they should well know if refundable or not.  Group OBC is non-refundable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Nope.  You would have to cancel the excursions - assuming you were within deadline to cancel and get a refund to credit card.  But this would need to be before sailing I believe or they refund to account.  Then you would need to re-book soon after boarding and hope both space available and not a higher price.  Very likely the price goes up.  I would find another way to spend the OBC. 

BTW, is the TA OBC a group OBC like $50/$75/$85?  Or is this an OBC being given to you in lieu of a cash discount off the fare?  If the latter, it should be Refundable OBC, in which case unspent dollars are refunded to you.  If you are not sure, ask your TA as they should well know if refundable or not.  Group OBC is non-refundable.

Group OBC is right away available to use when booking excursions before cruise.

It most likely is in lieu of a discount that you and I receive up front from our agent when we book the cruise.

If it is commission rebate as OBC - just book excursions now and pay for it. Check with your agent but I assume it is going to be refundable and you will get a check later.

Shore excursions often do go up in price! And many sell out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valiamo said:

Princess OBC will show up once the deposit is made, and the Travel Summary is available.

Go into your account (on-line not the App) and click on Luggage Tag & Travel Summary (top right side).   When this page opens up, scroll down and find the Travel Summary.  All Princess OBC will be listed here, just below the Invoice space.

I am told TA OBC arrives when you get on board, my TA's OBC (In Canada) is listed on the Travel Summary.  I have not been able to access this OBC until I sail.

I am not sure about cancelling payment on-board and then trying to use the TA OBC when you get on board. I would suspect not.  

Refund of unused OBC... never happens - LOL!!  Refunds of refundable OBC is by way of a cheque that is mailed to you after the cruise is completed.

I made my deposit for a Europe cruise in 2024 and never received my OBC. Now I’m trying to contact Princess to fix this. It now been 3 weeks and still waiting.