A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

23 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Love the chapeau - is it for Myster or Mysty?  Tres chic, anyway.  And a very very bon voyage to you.

Lola

It's for Mysty!  Whether that's the intention or not! 😅  And thank you Lola! 🥰

• Haha 1

Looks like a good day to stay inside and curl up under a blanket!

One of my sisters is currently stuck in Kona. Not sure if you've seen the story but apparently the runway developed a few cracks which required emergency repairs, so they shut down the airport Monday afternoon. It was repaired and flights resumed yesterday. She had a replacement flight last night which got canceled at the last minute. Can you stop by Kona on the way to Honolulu and pick her up? 😉

Hope you are enjoying the sea days, and relaxing a whole lot.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

One of my sisters is currently stuck in Kona. Not sure if you've seen the story but apparently the runway developed a few cracks which required emergency repairs, so they shut down the airport Monday afternoon. It was repaired and flights resumed yesterday. She had a replacement flight last night which got canceled at the last minute. Can you stop by Kona on the way to Honolulu and pick her up? 😉

Nice place to be stuck.  My favorite island on the planet after  Bora Bora.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

We'll swing by for your sister JP.  Ask her to stick out her thumb so we know who to pick up.   😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Nice place to be stuck.  My favorite island on the planet after  Bora Bora.

Agree!! Why couldn't it be us?

18 hours ago, mysty said:

We'll swing by for your sister JP.  Ask her to stick out her thumb so we know who to pick up.   😁

She made it back yesterday afternoon, finally.

Sorry for the thread hijack, M. Back to your regularly scheduled WC!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Agree!! Why couldn't it be us?

She made it back yesterday afternoon, finally.

Sorry for the thread hijack, M. Back to your regularly scheduled WC!

Glad she made it back JP!  Your post was not a hijack.  It was a slight detour.   😁

• Thanks 1

As the Captain said in his noon nautical report yesterday the seas got rougher through the night.  There may be fewer folks at breakfast this morning.  It continues to be choppy and noisy with rolling and creaking and thumping.  This crossing has been more "active" that our previous experiences.   However,  it's quite exciting to sit on the veranda and ride the waves.

• Like 6

That’s probably the weather that will hit us tomorrow.  Apparently this atmospheric river spanned the Pacific all the way to Japan.  4 days of rain on the way here but Hawaii should be nice.  How many overnights in Hawaii?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

That’s probably the weather that will hit us tomorrow.  Apparently this atmospheric river spanned the Pacific all the way to Japan.  4 days of rain on the way here but Hawaii should be nice.  How many overnights in Hawaii?

One overnight in Honolulu.   Arriving on the 21st and sailing out on the 22nd.

59 minutes ago, DRK0312 said:

Who is the Chef on this cruise?

According to the Q & A presentation a few months ago the Executive Chef was to be Franck Sollazzo.  He was an Executive Chef on Seabourn previously.   I don't know for certain that he is the Executive Chef as I've not heard any mention further.

On 1/16/2024 at 1:45 PM, mysty said:

Today is a sea day.   Chilly, damp and rolling seas.  We haven't met any new passengers.   May take a bit for folks to thaw! 😁

Hi, I'm Sheri from Seattle traveling with my friend Susan (also from Seattle). We boarded in SF and will be on for the entire journey. Hope to meet you soon, I've enjoyed perusing this thread!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NWWanderer said:

Hi, I'm Sheri from Seattle traveling with my friend Susan (also from Seattle). We boarded in SF and will be on for the entire journey. Hope to meet you soon, I've enjoyed perusing this thread!

Wonderful!  Let's try to arrange something soon. 😁

I’m Wilfred traveling with my husband Craig on the same cruise as far as Fiji. I’m looking at the chef right now in the dining room but I don’t know his name so can’t confirm at the moment. Edit—server just told me his name is Frank. PSS. I met him. Yes it’s Franck Sollazzo. He’s French from Nice originally. Very nice guy. Friendly. 

Edited by MuseCruiser
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, MuseCruiser said:

I’m Wilfred traveling with my husband Craig on the same cruise as far as Fiji. I’m looking at the chef right now in the dining room but I don’t know his name so can’t confirm at the moment. Edit—server just told me his name is Frank. PSS. I met him. Yes it’s Franck Sollazzo. He’s French from Nice originally. Very nice guy. Friendly. 

Thank you for confirming! 😁

Another sea day.  Temps are warmer.   Seas are a tad less angry.   Still a lot of motion with accompanying joint creaks.  The ship's,  not mine.  😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

31 minutes ago, mysty said:

Another sea day.  Temps are warmer.   Seas are a tad less angry.   Still a lot of motion with accompanying joint creaks.  The ship's,  not mine.  😅

Yes, it’s much nicer outside.  We are near the bow so we still get a lot of noise when the waves hit the hull.

• Like 1

Beautiful sunshine,  fairly calm seas and life is good!  I could leave my sweater and jacket in the suite for the first time since sailing out from San Francisco. 

20240120_175258.thumb.jpg.d05c2666aa4a63a4457fe428e06517ff.jpg

• Like 13

1 minute ago, MuseCruiser said:

It was 75F by the pool today! Lovely lunch and sat by the pool all afternoon. We arrive in Honolulu tomorrow morning. 

IMG_8362.jpeg

We were sitting on the starboard side almost exactly opposite your location for most of the morning! 😁

• Like 1