A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

16 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Well I hope its great.

When my father served in the Pacific during WW2, there was a ceremony when the sailors crossed the equator for the first time.  A single photograph documents this day in his history, and its the only one that we ever had that showed dad could act a little "wild and crazy"

That's a wonderful story @QueSeraSera !  Thank you! 😁

• Like 1

@mysty  Looking forward to our first Silversea cruise on the Shadow in June.  This thread is epic and your cruise looks ridiculously fun!

Sorry to ask, but thought even if you weren't staying in this particular cabin or one around it on deck 9, I was wondering if you had any comment on this thread that has no responses (other than mine today):

I'm particularly interested in this due to the placement of the suites just below the pool deck.  Hearing scraping deck chairs at 6am isn't my idea of relaxing sounds.  🙂

We're already looking at booking the Shadow for the panama canal in Dec 2024 as well.  Not sure my wife is ready for a veranda suite closet (nor am I!).  

Smooth sailing and following seas the rest of your voyage!

Kirk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, admranger said:

@mysty  Looking forward to our first Silversea cruise on the Shadow in June.  This thread is epic and your cruise looks ridiculously fun!

Sorry to ask, but thought even if you weren't staying in this particular cabin or one around it on deck 9, I was wondering if you had any comment on this thread that has no responses (other than mine today):

I'm particularly interested in this due to the placement of the suites just below the pool deck.  Hearing scraping deck chairs at 6am isn't my idea of relaxing sounds.  🙂

We're already looking at booking the Shadow for the panama canal in Dec 2024 as well.  Not sure my wife is ready for a veranda suite closet (nor am I!).  

Smooth sailing and following seas the rest of your voyage!

Kirk

Thank you @admranger !  I'm not sure this thread is epic and I do appreciate your comment! 😁  We've never stayed in anything larger than a Veranda suite so I can't help you there.   However,  if it's only the closet space that is the issue,  you could request a hanging bar over the tub and a platform for shoes covering the tub.  That is the configuration we requested via our travel agent to Silversea Guest Services.  It works beautifully for us.  There is a photo on this thread of the set up.   You might search in this topic for "hanging bar".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mysty said:

However,  if it's only the closet space that is the issue,  you could request a hanging bar over the tub and a platform for shoes covering the tub.  That is the configuration we requested via our travel agent to Silversea Guest Services.  It works beautifully for us.  There is a photo on this thread of the set up.   You might search in this topic for "hanging bar".

Found it and it looks like a great solution.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Last night we enjoyed the American Diner event on the pool deck.  The deck was decorated with a diner sign, pictures of milkshakes, pictures of 45s (records) and a diner backdrop for photos.

Here are some photos.....

Menu.....

image6%20(2).jpeg

Appetizers from the On The Table in the menu above.....

image7%20(1).jpeg

New Yorker Hot Dog.....

image5%20(2).jpeg

Key Lime Pie.....

image4%20(3).jpeg

There was music from the 50's and 60's.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MuseCruiser said:

My husband enjoying his favorite cocktail, the Naked and Famous, in The Bar every night. Thank you Peter, bartender, for making it every night. IMG_8539.thumb.jpeg.67d5dc3d0751ab01317c6c2f40d2bce4.jpegIMG_8540.thumb.jpeg.a86f89ac261b14e639a2c134872c0a60.jpeg

Awesome!  Good job Peter!  The joys of Silversea! 😁

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MuseCruiser said:

Naked and Famous, in The Bar every night.

Does that go along with the dress code on formal night? 😉

You are all making me homesick for Silversea! Our final payment is due on the June expedition cruise to The Kimberley next week - so it's slowly getting closer. Keep on having a fantastic time and I'm looking forward to your next port stops.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, MuseCruiser said:

My husband enjoying his favorite cocktail, the Naked and Famous, in The Bar every night.

The naked and famous is an IBA official cocktail, consisting of equal parts mezcal, yellow Chartreuse, Aperol, and fresh lime juice.

Sounds delicious! I think I'd be infamous after a few of those.😀

And in case you're wondering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IBA_official_cocktails

Miss M - thanks for another diversion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

The naked and famous is an IBA official cocktail, consisting of equal parts mezcal, yellow Chartreuse, Aperol, and fresh lime juice.

Sounds delicious! I think I'd be infamous after a few of those.😀

And in case you're wondering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IBA_official_cocktails

Miss M - thanks for another diversion.

Yellow Chartreuse is nearly impossible to find so I bought génépy, a worthy substitute, in Honolulu and gave it to Peter to hide for me so he can make the N&Fs. 😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CASHIPman said:

For our anniversary, the kitchen prepared for us an amazing Indian feast!!

IMG_5047.thumb.jpeg.00b2a22517e54798452b2e81f0f6d03a.jpeg
Onion Bhalji
Vegetable Samosa
Raita
Chutney

IMG_5050.thumb.jpeg.ce88b6c250933620671f1b3df73e2537.jpeg

Chicken curry
Lamb curry
Pilau (rice)
Cauliflower something
Dal (lentil curry)
Papadum
Naan

Oh heck ya! Happy Anniversary. 

And Genepy is a new one for me. Thanks for the info.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MuseCruiser said:

Will let you know. We arrived at 8:00 and it’s now at 12:07 and the ship has still not been cleared by local authorities. Will let you know. 

There might be a reason of course but the thought did cross my mind that the breakfast and lunch must be particularly good today! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

There might be a reason of course but the thought did cross my mind that the breakfast and lunch must be particularly good today! 😆

If only that was the case!  It is now about 1:20 pm and it seems the Health Inspectors are still not aboard.  Myster canceled his excursion for today.   We just got an update from Moss Hill.  Apparently the Quarantine Officer for Samoa has not yet decided to allow representatives from the other inspection departments to come to the ship which is at anchor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

If only that was the case!  It is now about 1:20 pm and it seems the Health Inspectors are still not aboard.  Myster canceled his excursion for today.   We just got an update from Moss Hill.  Apparently the Quarantine Officer for Samoa has not yet decided to allow representatives from the other inspection departments to come to the ship which is at anchor.

😧

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mysty said:

I said to the front desk that perhaps the authorities are waiting for their gratuity. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Including passengers and crew there are about 600 of us. If we’re not cleared by 2PM local I say we take to the tenders, storm the beaches and take over the country in the name of Silversea!!!

Who’s with me?!? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, CASHIPman said:

Including passengers and crew there are about 600 of us. If we’re not cleared by 2PM local I say we take to the tenders, storm the beaches and take over the country in the name of Silversea!!!

Who’s with me?!? 😂

The threat would be more credible if you were on a Viking ship! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I remember being held up on the Shadow in Petropavlovsk. We were held up due to "naval exercises" which finished as soon as the cases of whisky were handed over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1