Heathrow to Waterloo Hotel

dsvd79

We booked the Premier Inn near Waterloo station.  I've been looking over all of the underground maps, Heathrow Express, etc but I cannot figure an easy way to get here.  Taxi?  I wanted to try the trains as much as possible.  We are planning on taking the Waterloo train to Southampton the next day.

It's fairly straightforward, but will require a connection somewhere. If you want to do a proper train, you can take the Elizabeth Line to Tottenham Court Road then transfer to the Northern line to Waterloo. Or you could do all Underground by taking the Picadilly line from LHR and transfer to the Northern line at Leicester Square. There are a couple of other transfer possibilities, I will let the locals who know about the ease of the various transfers opine on those.

• Like 1

LHR to Waterloo by train or tube isn't possible without a change of train, which can be difficult at the wrong time-of-day with luggage. I'm not a Londoner - probably best is Elizabeth line to Paddington then  Bakerloo line to Waterloo, but like Twickers I'll leave a local to suggest the easiest option.

This updated tube map includes the new Elizabeth line (the hollow blue line).

https://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Or a pre-booked private transfer will cost about £50

For the train from Waterloo to Southampton, look to book "cheap advance tickets" costing as little as £9 🙂 versus the walk-up fare of £46 😟. Cheap advance fares are available from about 10 weeks out. They're available for a limited number of trains  but a good enough selection to fit in with cruise terminal registration times. They're only good for the train time that you've booked - miss that train and you'll have to pay full walk-up fares for the next train.

https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/

WAT to SOU, research a date (not a sunday) in February to see those cheap advance fares.

JB 🙂

• Like 1

I have used -

www.justairports.com - a private car service 5x

to/from Premier Inn Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) and LHR.  Use the hotel’s postal code to get a quote.  

I have used the Waterloo train from Southampton train station to Premier Inn Waterloo.  You drag your luggage on cobblestones and people walking.

I have taken -

www.internationalfriends.co.uk

from Premier Inn Waterloo to Southampton dock on embarkment and disembarkment days. Going they stop at Stonehenge and returning they stop at Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1