Celebrity Edge - S1 Sky Suites - all the same ?

vji6697

Whilst on Equinox last Nov, we took advantage of the black friday deal + future cruise offers to book an S1 for an Australia -> New Zealand cruise in 2025 (I know, a long way away).  Did not think too much about cabins, so opted for deck 11 (11211).   

Just wondering, are all the S1s the same or are some bigger/have bigger balconies ?  I know the sunset ones do (we were on a sunset suite on the Equinox) but whilst we liked the extra space, the location was just too hot for us to enjoy it.

14 minutes ago, vji6697 said:

Whilst on Equinox last Nov, we took advantage of the black friday deal + future cruise offers to book an S1 for an Australia -> New Zealand cruise in 2025 (I know, a long way away).  Did not think too much about cabins, so opted for deck 11 (11211).   

Just wondering, are all the S1s the same or are some bigger/have bigger balconies ?  I know the sunset ones do (we were on a sunset suite on the Equinox) but whilst we liked the extra space, the location was just too hot for us to enjoy it.

Deck 11 has more of an overhang, so that might interest you; however I do not know if it affects all cabins.  I mistakenly booked one for a Caribbean cruise, but maybe it will work out just fine.  I do not believe certain balconies are larger, but some do have a small pole that you see.  It looks like you are on the bump out; however, it will most likely be covered by an overhang.  I have only been on a Sunset balcony on Edge, but I do remember reading information about an larger overhang on deck 11, along with a photo.

Edited by Lastdance

Thanks.  I should have added/asked - are you able to get 1 or 2 proper loungers in the balcony or are you stuck with the 2 chairs ?   I saw a review which said they swapped a chair out for a lounger, but ideally we would like 2

7 minutes ago, vji6697 said:

Thanks.  I should have added/asked - are you able to get 1 or 2 proper loungers in the balcony or are you stuck with the 2 chairs ?   I saw a review which said they swapped a chair out for a lounger, but ideally we would like 2

Extremely tight, as usually only one is on the balcony with a table and chair.

1 hour ago, vji6697 said:

Just want to check if anyone has stayed in both a normal S1 suite and an S3 magic carpet suite - saw some pics earlier and the S3 balconies look much bigger, 

The balcony is larger but the view is partially obstructed by the large orange structures

for the Magic Carpet.   

The S1 balcony is  quite cramped with one lounger I can see it being workable for 2.

Edited by jelayne