Are Additional Excursions (not just capacity) Added on Board? (the question is probably not what you think)

shmabbies

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

YES!!! We used to have guest numbers that we could give at time of booking. Hopefully it is sufficient to give a name and address. BUT it must be added at the time of booking. Just tell the agent that you want to use your parents as a referral and ask them what information they need.

If they say guest number, ask them where your parents should go to find out what their guest number is. I just looked at a current invoice and didn't see it on there.

4 hours ago, CDR2001 said:

Yes, you get $100pp discount, and your parents get $100pp referral voucher credit, which may be applied to a currently booked cruise, as long as it’s not paid in full. ( True from our experience.)  We’ve received the credit often for referring friends. 

Thanks! I'm sure theirs is paid in full though. But we'll see what they say. I wonder if they can use it for other things they'll purchase on board. I'll get their booking number before we book, just so we have it.

2 hours ago, longterm said:

In the Med, Viking has 4 or 5 week-long cruises, and then they combine those in several combinations to make longer ones. For example, you can do Barcelona->Rome, or Barcelona->Rome->Venice, or Barcelona->Rome->Venice->Athens, or Barcelona->Rome->Venice->Athens->Istanbul, for 6 different journeys. In addition, there are other combos that start in Rome, so you can do just Rome->Venice, or Rome->Venice->Athens, for example. It gives Viking the ability to offer about a dozen different cruises, all using about 5 or 6 separate legs.

We started in Rome, so there were passengers who were already onboard from Barcelona; I seem to recall that excursions were available for them, but not for us since we were just getting on board. We both loved our cruise--so much that we'd probably do it again, maybe adding either more on the front or back end.

Thank you. Yes, we're now considering the Athens to Barcelona. I may have said it before, we were originally looking at a 10 day one that was mostly the Greek Islands. But then I saw I think a 15 day one. And THEN, hubby mentioned Barcelona and Monte Carlo, so I saw the 22 day one! LOL! Might as well go big for a our first Viking cruise. 😃

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Thanks! I'm sure theirs is paid in full though. But we'll see what they say. I wonder if they can use it for other things they'll purchase on board. I'll get their booking number before we book, just so we have it.

It is only used against cruise fare. It will stay on their account and be deducted from the next cruise they book.

20 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

so I saw the 22 day one! LOL! Might as well go big for a our first Viking cruise.

Thing of the airfare you are saving by doing it all in one trip. 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Oh for sure! I just meant when it comes to booking our cruise. Making sure we just get all our ducks in a row to start the process. I'm definitely learning more from here. If we had a good TA, I'd even work with them on this trip. It's going to be the most expensive one we've ever done. Once we're booked, I do plan on posting more to make sure we're on track. And the good thing is my parents have also traveled Viking, so I can bounce things off them.

Also, is it true that they can get some sort of credit for their upcoming cruise if we mention them when we book?

Yes, but you will need to find out their customer number and you have to mention it.  Viking reps are not allowed to offer it.  The discount must be on an incoming call.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Thing of the airfare you are saving by doing it all in one trip. 😉

Yep! That's part of the reason we're leaning towards it. Well, let's be honest, I'm all in on it! LOL! Hubby is just wanting to make sure. 😉 We just want to make sure we're good financially. He just retired and we have a freshman in college, so it's just a lot of money. And he wants to make sure he'll enjoy that long of a cruise. The longest we've done is 12 days, and that was our first one. Most of others have been 7-8 days.

59 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

It is the guest interface used to interact with your bookings. You can only access it once you have made your first booking and have registered for the site (which requires a booking number).

MVJ is full of pre-departure information. There are forms to fill out before you first sailing and kept up to date thereafter. This is also where guest go to reserve seats on the included tour and to purchase optional excursions. And, if you have bought flights through Viking, this is where you your flight information.