table sharing ??

newbie8

First time we cruise after COVID, do you get assigned to seat with other guests at the MDR ? We prefer to sit by ourselves, can we request this prior the cruise ? 

We booked direct and I can´t find where to put this request. Thanks

They do seat you with others in the dining room. There are a few tables for two on the Meraviglia & Diving, but not as many as I have seen on Carnival or Royal Caribbean.  I would go to the dining room after you board and ask if you can be seated at a table for two, but realize it may not be possible.

One of the reasons I have to go Aurea or above is to avoid fixed dining. On the two occasions we did not have Aurea, we went to speak to the Maitre D' on boarding (there was a line and set hours they were available). On one occasion it was very difficult to get a table for 2, and on another it seemed to be no problem.

Although, walking into the MDR for lunch one day and specifically asking for a table for 2, we were seated with a French couple at a 4-top. My French is very rudimentary as was their English, so although we smiled and nodded it was not a great experience for all.

1 hour ago, Captain-John said:

One of the reasons I have to go Aurea or above is to avoid fixed dining. On the two occasions we did not have Aurea, we went to speak to the Maitre D' on boarding (there was a line and set hours they were available). On one occasion it was very difficult to get a table for 2, and on another it seemed to be no problem.

Although, walking into the MDR for lunch one day and specifically asking for a table for 2, we were seated with a French couple at a 4-top. My French is very rudimentary as was their English, so although we smiled and nodded it was not a great experience for all.

we have 6 people going. We aren't going to be seated at an 8 or 10 top are we?

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

we have 6 people going. We aren't going to be seated at an 8 or 10 top are we?

I wouldn't like to guess, but I would hope not as there will be plenty of tables set up to cater for 6. Find the Matrie D' on the first day just to be sure. I think the problem is the number of tables available for 2, and may be something they are addressing on later ships. Also the staffing and economics of multiple tables for 2 vs larger tables I imagine.

On our side of Waves ( Meraviglia) it  was pretty much all set up like this. As you a see a table for two can easily feel like a table for 6 as they are so close. I like it though as you have a chance to talk to neighbors if you want but nobody feels obligated to talk the whole time. 

25ECA751-2355-4218-A663-D095307AAB53.jpeg

I don't want to sound annoying but if sitting on your own is so important you should book an experience level that makes that more likely.

That said- sitting with other people is all part of the cruise experience- everyone I've met has always been happy, good company etc. The meal only really lasts 90 or so minutes too...