Club Balcony Suite

trbarton

On 1/25/2023 at 1:05 PM, SoBe2010 said:

I was more curious what's meant with a f&b Delivery twice a week...

I believe the Club balcony suites used to offer free room service delivery twice for a week long cruise.   At least that was what was told to me when we booked our room back in September but I no longer see it mentioned on the website. 

I will say on the Joy the Club balcony room was bigger than regular size balcony rooms (we peeked). They used to have a dedicated lounge on Joy but now it's open to everyone but it is only one deck up and it was very handy for snacks and food (vs buffet which was 2 decks (I think)). The room was the size of regular hotel room and the bathroom was nice. 

2 hours ago, AwesomO said:

@lfdemtI booked about 2 years ago and I remember the treats perk, but not room service delivery perks. Just that the treats would be delivered to your room, of course. 

Well somehow it doesn't surprise me that NCL gave me incorrect information.  She definitely told me room service fee would be waived twice.  But since I haven't seen or heard about that from anyone, I will not hold my breath on that.

We’ve never cruised in anything without a balcony and never would do so while at the same time never had the money to afford a “proper suite” outright.

So this only slightly more expensive but a little bit more spacious “Balcony stateroom Extra” as I would call it, suits us well. I hate that NCL use the term “suite” in the name as this is extremely misleading as it is everything but. So expect a slightly bigger room (mostly the bathroom) but otherwise the same as a standard balcony stateroom. Worth it? We’d say yes as it’s only a minimal price difference. Anything to rave about? No.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lfdemt said:

Well somehow it doesn't surprise me that NCL gave me incorrect information.  She definitely told me room service fee would be waived twice.  But since I haven't seen or heard about that from anyone, I will not hold my breath on that.

I was told the same thing and also read it in the description when I booked our cabin last May 2022.  I will be emailing the VP of customer service today and ask them.  I usually get the correct answers from them.  She does not directly answer me, but her staff is very good at it.  If I hear anything I will l

• Like 1

We book Club Balconies for the bathroom space and large shower. Also the showers on the Getaway and similar class vessel have multiple shower heads in the shower. Absolutely awesome after walking all day on excursions. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lfdemt said:

Yes, it should not surprise you. You are talking to sub-minimum wage off-shore call center personnel who can only recite what they get when they google their call center system. (Think of your high school kid at their first job at a call center, trying to sound important and authoritative). When you tell them to type "suite" into their call center system, they are likely going to get the wrong answer. And they are not smart enough to know that it is wrong. 

You are far better off looking up the information you seek. 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed

Interesting story... In August, we were seated next to a table with a NCL Senior Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC) at lunch on embarkation day. All dressed up in an NCL polo shirt, the PCC was bragging that he had been doing this for 6 years and he had been promoted to be Senior PCC a while back. But,,, this was the first time he had ever been on a cruise ship. And he took the cruise so that he could see and experience everything that his clients were talking about,,, so he would be taking a lot of notes at lunch and throughout the cruise. 🙂

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this is the right thread to toss this question into the air but what is a reasonable bid to get a balcony or club balcony suite upgrade? I'm boarding the Breakaway in two days and I'm curious to what my chances are at 250 for both balcony types. I don't trust their oddball "temperature gauge" on the bid screen.

On 1/3/2023 at 6:36 PM, cruisinmeme said:

What is the size of the balcony on the club balcony suites? Particularly on getaway and breakaway. I have been under impression the very large balconies are on deck 8. Is all others the same size?

Small and yes the same small size BUT the early reservations and the free laundry mid-cruise and the bottle of bubbly and the okay 2x snacks that come with the club balcony makeup for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigers2007 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread to toss this question into the air but what is a reasonable bid to get a balcony or club balcony suite upgrade? I'm boarding the Breakaway in two days and I'm curious to what my chances are at 250 for both balcony types. I don't trust their oddball "temperature gauge" on the bid screen.

If you sail in two days, your bid was not accepted. Yeah, they tell you that upgrades are processed until time of sailing, but that is really to fill the Haven with last minute cancellations and no-shows. 

On 1/26/2023 at 5:29 PM, arpie05 said:

I will say on the Joy the Club balcony room was bigger than regular size balcony rooms (we peeked). They used to have a dedicated lounge on Joy but now it's open to everyone but it is only one deck up and it was very handy for snacks and food (vs buffet which was 2 decks (I think)). The room was the size of regular hotel room and the bathroom was nice. 

The Joy Club Balcony rooms are the same size as the Balcony rooms. Based on your description, you saw one of the suites or Haven rooms which are mixed in with steerage rooms on the Joy.