Did they reduce the number of ships going to the Caribbean?

xcell

Looking for my next cruise and noticed that only two ships cruise to the Caribbean - did NCL reduce the number of ships over these past few years?  Looks like Port Canaveral is not active during these months too. Specifically, looking at the summer months.

Edited by xcell

1 hour ago, xcell said:

I guess too much bad weather as they took out Port Canaveral for July to October.    RCCL didn't ...I wonder why?

I was looking for July or August, slim pickings only leaving from NY or Miami, did Alaska last July and was trying to find something a little more budget friendly. Never sailed RCCL but may check as I live in Savannah so Port Canaveral is only a 4 hour drive

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

I believe that this is part of their strategy.  They want to move ships to higher-yielding itineraries.  FDR mentioned this in one of the recent quarterly presentations and/or investor calls.

NCL historically has very few ships in the Caribbean during summer months. 

Have  you sailed to Bermuda? Summer is a great time to do this as the weather is not as warm as the Caribbean. We did NY to Bermuda on the Escape and loved that cruise. The Caribbean has less ships in summer, it's hot and hurricanes...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njkate said:

I was looking for July or August, slim pickings only leaving from NY or Miami, did Alaska last July and was trying to find something a little more budget friendly. Never sailed RCCL but may check as I live in Savannah so Port Canaveral is only a 4 hour drive

We found the same thing in 2022 and ended up cruising on RCCL.  We were pleasantly surprised and had a really nice cruise (last one was horrible).  We ended up doing an 8 day to the ABC islands in a balcony guaranty for $1682.60.  DD & DSIL had a $500 credit from a cancelled honeymoon that was expiring and they couldn't use so they gave it to us which brought our total to $1182.60 for an 8 day cruise.  I think that's one of the best deals we've ever had!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lupush said:

NCL usually has only 2 ships sailing out of Miami in the Summer months.  Sky and 1 other Breakaway Class ship in recent years.  

I haven't cruised NCL in a few years, maybe I was reminiscing about the good old days...